Vision and Mission
Our vision, guided by our Catholic Identity, Dominican heritage and University Core Commitments, is to empower our students, staff, and faculty with the skills and competencies to be leaders for a just and humane world.
Through a transformative University experience characterized by Learn, Reflect, and Serve, the Division of Mission and Student Engagement develops and implements programs and services that cultivate the characteristics of a Barry University graduate:
- Barry University Spirit - Fosters deep connections with other students and a life-long relationship with the Barry community.
- Health and Wellness - Encourages holistic emotional, physical and social well-being.
- Social Justice, Service, and Advocacy - Inspires personal and social responsibility to actively implement change.
- Ethical and Inclusive Leadership - Creates civic minded leaders characterized by moral reasoning, global awareness, and a compassion for others.
- Spiritual and Personal Discovery - Develops a deeper understanding of self through reflection.
- Professional and Career Development - Provides the foundation for career readiness and life skills.