ELP Peer Mentors
What is an ELP Peer Mentor?
- An ELP Peer Mentor is a current Barry U student leader who assists with the implementation of the Emerging Leaders Program
- ELP Peer Mentors are trained to facilitate activities and discussions with ELP participants throughout sessions
- ELP Peer Mentors are assigned 1-2 participants to meet with 2 times throughout the program
What do we look for in an ELP Peer Mentor?
- A role model eager to help student participants and fellow Peer Mentors
- Someone who is reliable, collaborative, and takes the initiative to help others
- An outgoing student who is energetic and shows pride in Barry University
- A positive attitude about campus life and getting involved
What are the benefits of being an ELP Peer Mentor?
- Increased leadership, mentoring, and facilitation experience for resume
- Build relationships and develop community with fellow Peer Mentors
- Influence participants’ college experience in a positive way
- Professional networking with staff, faculty, and students from various university departments
- Possible funding through Federal Work Study program for eligible students
Responsibilities as an ELP Peer Mentor
- Attend August training sessions
- Attend all assigned ELP sessions
- Meet with each mentee 2 times during the assigned mentorship weeks
- Co-facilitate icebreakers, team builders, and reflections with staff members
- Be positive and have fun with ELP participants!
Fall 2021 Program Dates:
- Session 1: Tuesday, 9/14
- Mentoring Meeting: Tuesday, 9/21
- Session 2: Tuesday, 9/28
- Session 3: Tuesday, 10/5
- Session 4: Tuesday, 10/12
- Mentoring Meeting: Tuesday, 9/28
- Session 5: Tuesday, 10/26
- Session 6: Tuesday, 11/2
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-899-4782.