Environmental Leadership Experience
A 10-day experiential program for Barry University and Siena Heights students to learn about sustainable agricultural ecosystems in Adrian, Michigan. Through the lens of environmental stewardship, the program will offer hands on activities at the Adrian Dominican Motherhouse Permaculture site, with service trips and day trips to local points of interest. Students selected to participate in this summer experience are expected to implement sustainability initiatives at their universities upon completion of the 10-day program.
Trip Costs: Travel, Housing and Meals are covered through the generosity of the Adrian Dominican Sisters, so there is no expense for students who are accepted to participate.
Deposit: A $200.00 refundable deposit is required to hold your spot for the trip. Participants will receive their deposit back in full at the completion of the trip.
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average preferred
- Must be in good academic and conduct standing with the university
- Must have at least two semesters left at Barry
- Must attend 5 pre-trip meetings and post trip meetings as needed
- Must complete post-trip sustainability project at Barry during 2020-2021 academic year
- Must complete the application in full
The 2020 & 2021 trips have been cancelled due to COVID-19. View past year’s student blogs here.
For upcoming programs, follow us on Instagram @barryumission or contact us at email@example.com.