In 1979, the Veterans Administration began its Vet Center program, designed specifically to treat veterans and their families for trauma-related difficulties.
Vet Centers are community-based counseling centers that provide a broad range of services to assist in readjusting to civilian life. There are 300 Vet Centers throughout the United States, Alaska, Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, and Puerto Rico. Barry will be offering provided services below.
- Individual/Group counseling
- Legal representation
- Marital and family counseling for issues related to the readjustment of the Veteran
- Bereavement counseling for families who experience an active duty death.
- Medical referrals
- VBA benefits explanation and referral
- Employment counseling, guidance, and referrals
- Alcohol/ substance abuse assessments and referrals
- Information and referral to community resources
- Military sexual trauma counseling & referral
- Outreach and Community education