Doctorate in Nursing Practice Expected Outcomes
These outcomes are based on The Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advance Nursing Practice. At the completion of the Doctorate in Nursing Practice program, you will be able to:
- Practice at the highest level of nursing through integration of knowledge from nursing, science, ethics, and the biophysical, analytical, and organizational sciences.
- Demonstrate leadership through the development and evaluation of healthcare delivery approaches that ensure quality and safety.
- Employ clinical scholarship and analytical methods for evidence-based practice.
- Utilize information systems and patient care technology for the improvement and transformation of healthcare.
- Provide leadership in the development of healthcare policy with respect to ethics, social justice and equity.
- Employ collaborative approaches to improve patient and population health outcomes.
- Implement clinical prevention strategies for improvement of the health status of the diverse population of the nation.