Bachelor of Science in Administration
The Bachelor of Science in Administration is designed to provide students with the administrative and leadership competencies needed by all organizations in order to achieve their missions and goals. Courses focus on contemporary organizational theory and practice, with an emphasis on workplace applications. This program is available fully online with portfolio option only. Students wishing to pursue a specialization in lieu of submitting an experiential portfolio may choose a specialization offered at a site location in Florida. Not all specializations are offered at each site.
This unique program includes:
- Application to private, public, or nonprofit organizations
- An opportunity to draw on experience from public administration, management, health sciences, psychology, sociology, criminal justice, and environmental sciences
Barry University understands the needs of the adult learner:
- Classes meet once per week for 8 weeks (evenings or Saturday) or fully online
- Earn up to 30 college credits from learning acquired through professional work experience and/or community service
- Transfer previous college credits from accredited institutions
- Financial aid and grants available for eligible learners (Ask about our financial worksheet to see how affordable a Barry degree is compared with a state university)
- Personal and professional academic advising
Barry is a military friendly institution
|Distribution Requirement||45 credits|
|Portfolio (Required)||up to 30 credits|
|TOTAL DEGREE||120 credits|
Students in the online BS in Administration program are required to submit an Experiential Portfolio in order to satisfy the degree requirements.
Students wishing to pursue a specialization in lieu of submitting the Experiential Portfolio may choose a specialization offered at a site location in Florida. These courses are delivered in the classroom. Not all specializations are offered at each site. Students should speak to their advisor about declaring a specialization.
Specializations are offered in the areas of Health Services Administration, Human Resources Administration, Legal Studies, Organizational Leadership and Personal Financial Planning.