Students who are transferring in the fall from another academic institution will attend New Student Orientation program. You will become acclimated to the academic life on campus by meeting with your advisor. Once familiar with the academic program of choice, you will finalize your class schedule for the semester.
Barry 101 has been designed to give you the opportunity to get a head start on your new life as a Buccaneer. You will be able to, first and foremost, receive academic advising and register for your classes. Also, you will able to:
- Find out what we offer, what you need to get done this summer, and how to best prepare for enrollment at Barry University
- Speak with Housing & Residence Life and find out what to bring and what not to bring.
- Meet with Financial Aid so they can let you know what your package will be, what your bill will be, and how to make payments
- Get your student ID and choose a meal plan
- Register your vehicle
- Submit immunization records and learn about our Student Health Insurance plan
- Once you are registered for classes, you can buy or rent your books
The dates for Barry 101 are as follows:
June 9th, 2018 at 8:00am Check In at Landon Student Union
June 20th, 2018 at 8:00am Check In at Landon Student Union
June 27th – 29th, 2018 at 1:00pm Check In at Landon Student Union. This Barry 101 is an overnight designed for students coming from out of town.
August 21st -23rd, 2018 at 9:00an Check In at Weber Grand Hall
Please sign up for a Barry 101 through your student portal so we can reserve your space.
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation focuses on life at Barry University. During Orientation you will learn about Barry traditions, campus culture, and have the opportunity to engage in social activities. We hope that during Orientation you will make connections to other new students and create relationships that will support you through your Barry journey.
August 23rd, 2018 – Move In & Check In for student who have attended Barry 101.
Weber Grand Hall 9:00am- 5:00pm
(All New & Transfer Students residing on campus are required to move in between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
August 24th, 2018 - Check in for Commuter Students. Landon Student Union.
For More Information
Have questions about Barry 101 or New Student Orientation? Please contact us at 305.899.3963 or email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!