SHRM & Human Resources
Barry University SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Human Resource Certifications
Establish yourself as a globally–recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®). These certifications can open doors for professional advancement and signal to employers advanced knowledge and expertise in human resources. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
Barry University has partnered with SHRM to offer SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP preparation programs. Students can prepare for either certification exam through one of our 10-week programs:
- A class that meets on Saturdays in a traditional setting at the Miami Shores campus; or
- An online format with weekly live lecture and Q&A in a condensed structure to fit any schedule for 10-weeks.
Ideal for those who prefer a structured learning environment. Benefits of the Barry University Program:
- One on one instruction provides for more comprehensive learning and longer retention of information—all at a manageable pace to lead you to success on the exam.
- Combines expert instruction with SHRM certified full time faculty who are experienced in teaching the SHRM Learning System.
- Acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies which originate from the SHRM BoCK to help you prepare for the exam.
- Engage in peer discussions to help reinforce learning materials and hear from others' real-life experiences.
- Convenient classroom instruction in Miami Shores or online instruction.
- Take advantage of potential tuition reimbursement from your employer.
Certification and Testing Information:
Please review the following links to SHRM to determine your SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Eligibility, the testing windows, and more information about SHRM certification.
For more information please contact: 305-981-5148 or email PACEINSTITUTE@barry.edu.
In partnership with MindEdge, a software company in Boston, MA, we are pleased to offer the following interactive, self-paced on-line continuing education courses approved for recertification hours through the Society for Human Management (SHRM) and Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
As you register for these on-line continuing education courses, you will be re-directed to MindEdge.
- Certificate in HR Management SHRM: 14 credits HRCI: 14 credits CEU's: 3 credits
- Compensation SHRM: 3.5 credits HRCI: 3.5 credits CEU's: .5 credits
- Employee Selection SHRM: 3 credits HRCI: 3 credits CEU's: .5 credits
- Equal Employment Opportunity SHRM: 2.5 credits HRCI: 2.5 credits CEU's: .5 credits
- Performance Management SHRM: 3 credits HRCI: 3 credits CEU's: .5 credits
- Talent Management & Career Development SHRM: 2 credits HRCI: 2 credits CEU's: .5 credits
SHRM Essentials of HR Management
Learn Essential HR Skills: Improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues.
Designed to launch your career and increase your HR effectiveness. Designed to deliver results.
The SHRM Essentials of HR Management is an introductory course offering a comprehensive overview of the human resource function. The course covers today's most vital and timely topics, including employment law, selecting qualified employees, compensation, orientation and training, and the employee performance process.
The SHRM Essentials course is specifically designed to challenge you and provide the skills you need to confidently face today's complex HR situations and compliance issues within your organization. You will participate in interactive case study activities designed for you to practice real-life HR situations in a non-threatening atmosphere.
Advance your HR knowledge and effectiveness
If you're new to human resources or need to strengthen your employee management skills, the SHRM Essentialsâ of HR Management is for you. Knowledge of the essentials can improve valuable on-the-job effectiveness, protect your small business from needless litigation, and help advance your career. The course will arm you with practical skills you can immediately apply to your own situation.
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), this cost-effective course covers real-life HR issues, including employment law, selecting qualified employees, compensation, the employee performance process, and much more. You will also learn key information to keep you on track with compliance issues.
You'll benefit from the shared experiences of your instructor and peers, while learning techniques for handling HR challenges through interactive case studies designed to make you feel comfortable dealing with HR issues. In addition, you'll receive a Certificate of Completion from our institution and have the opportunity to earn 1.5 continuing education units (CEUs) for completing this course.