SHRM & Human Resources
Advance Your HR Career
Barry University SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Human Resource Certifications
Establish yourself as a globally–recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®). These certifications can open doors for professional advancement and signal to employers advanced knowledge and expertise in human resources. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
Barry University has partnered with SHRM to offer SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP preparation programs. Students can prepare for either certification exam through one of our 10-week programs:
- A class that meets on Saturdays in a traditional setting at the Miami Shores campus; or
- An online format with weekly live lecture and Q&A in a condensed structure to fit any schedule for 10-weeks.
Ideal for those who prefer a structured learning environment. Benefits of the Barry University Program:
- One on one instruction provides for more comprehensive learning and longer retention of information—all at a manageable pace to lead you to success on the exam.
- Combines expert instruction with SHRM certified full time faculty who are experienced in teaching the SHRM Learning System.
- Acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies which originate from the SHRM BoCK to help you prepare for the exam.
- Engage in peer discussions to help reinforce learning materials and hear from others' real-life experiences.
- Convenient classroom instruction in Miami Shores or online instruction.
- Take advantage of potential tuition reimbursement from your employer.
Upcoming schedule for Barry University SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP classes
- 18/C1 CCP-101-OB – Online course with live lecture Mondays from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM starts 01/22/18 thru 02/26/18.
- 18/C1 CCP-101-BA – traditional course meets Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM starts 03/03/2018 thru 04/14/2018.
Certification and Testing Information:
Please review the following links to SHRM to determine your SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Eligibility, the testing windows, and more information about SHRM certification.
For more information please contact: 305-981-5148 or email PACEINSTITUTE@barry.edu.
In partnership with MindEdge, a software company in Boston, MA, we are pleased to offer the following interactive, self-paced on-line continuing education courses approved for recertification hours through the Society for Human Management (SHRM) and Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
As you register for these on-line continuing education courses, you will be re-directed to MindEdge.
Certificate in HR Management SHRM: 14 credits HRCI: 14 credits CEU's: 3 credits
Compensation SHRM: 3.5 credits HRCI: 3.5 credits CEU's: .5 credits
Employee Selection SHRM: 3 credits HRCI: 3 credits CEU's: .5 credits
Equal Employment Opportunity SHRM: 2.5 credits HRCI: 2.5 credits CEU's: .5 credits
Performance Management SHRM: 3 credits HRCI: 3 credits CEU's: .5 credits
Talent Management & Career Development SHRM: 2 credits HRCI: 2 credits CEU's: .5 credits
2018 SHRM Schedule:
LOCATIONS & DATES
SHRM – CCP 101 OB
SHRM – CCP 101 B1