Cristina Marrero-Avila (email@example.com)
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Graduated: Spring 2010 currently: D.O. program,
NOVA Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Chemistry Major with Biochemistry Specialization
Synthesis of Porous Nickel-Doped Alumina Monoliths for Applications in Microscale Liquid Chromatography
Past Research Projects:
- Synthesis of heterocyclic salts as muscarinic agents for Alzheimer's disease application
- The Prevalence of Depression in Low Socioeconomic Status Minority Heart Failure Patients
- Reliability of Electrocardiogram to Determine Presence of Coronary Artery Disease in Patients with Heart Failure
The Prevalence of Depression in Low Socioeconomic Status Minority Heart Failure Patients.
- March 2009: 2nd Annual University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine Cardiovascular Research Symposium, Miami, FL.
Synthesis of heterocyclic salts as muscarinic agents for Alzheimer's disease application
- March 2009: 237th American Chemical Society National Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT.
- March 2009: 1st Annual Barry University Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (S.T.E.M). Undergraduate Research Symposium, Miami Shores, FL.
In-Situ Sol-Gel Preparation of Porous Nickel-Doped Alumina Monoliths for Application in Capillary Liquid Chromatography
- August 2009: DOE/LBNL Undergraduate Poster Session, Berkeley, CA
- November 2009: Department of Energy, SERCh Poster Competition, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
Scholarship & Awards:
- Summer 2009: Faculty and Student Team Program Appointment, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA
- 2007 - 2009: Barry University Academic Achievement Award
- 2007 - 2009: Barry University Academic Scholarship
- 2006 - 2009: Barry University Dean's List