Scholarships are funded through contributions from private donors, alumni, faculty, staff, parents, campus organizations, and corporations. It is the student’s responsibility to seek out that information using this link: http://www.barry.edu/scholarships/
Physician Assistant Program Leadership Scholarship
The Physician Assistant Program Leadership Scholarship was established to provide scholarships to student leaders of the Barry University Physician Assistant Student Association (“PASA”).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled in the Physician Assistant Program
- Be an elected student officer (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary or Historian) of PASA.
The P.A. Program awards the following awards:
- The Dean's Award is given at Commencement to the class valedictorian.
- The President’s Award is given at Commencement in recognition of outstanding service, academic, and clinical achievement.
- The Program Director’s Award is awarded to a student in recognition of scholastic achievement.
- The Catherine Margaret Parkhurst Memorial Award to honor a student who demonstrates compassion and sensitivity.
- The Carolyn Parkhurst Rosser Award to a student who demonstrates strength of moral and ethical character.
- The Jules Ross Award is a memorial honoring one of the Program’s first and finest faculty members; it is given to a student who demonstrates enthusiasm and excellence in community service.
- The Vernon A. & Virginia M. Culver Memorial Award is given to a student who has demonstrated excellence in research analysis through the Literature Review Paper and performance in Research in Community Health.
- The Goldie Fien Memorial Award is given to the Physician Assistant student who demonstrates excellence in Physical Diagnosis and has the qualities of compassion and caring that a P.A. should have.