Paul & Margaret Brand Research Center at Barry University
The mission of the Paul & Margaret Brand Research Center is to create a world-class research center utilizing the collaborative efforts of basic and clinical sciences. The learning environment will enhance the faculty, resident and student experience at Barry University by providing research opportunities in the treatment and prevention of lower extremity pathologies.
The Paul & Margaret Brand Research Center will:
- provide a wide range of research opportunities, from bench research to randomized controlled trials;
- generate research funding from such entities as the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Defense, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and from private corporations;
- publish articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals that will enhance Barry University's academic and scholarly reputation;
- enhance the medical knowledge base to identify the best treatments to promote wound healing, reduce amputations, and educate the public on prevention; and
- be the cornerstone in the development of the second and third phase of the Barry University Master Plan to complete the College of Health Sciences at Barry University.
Jeffrey Jensen, DPM, FACFAS
Director of the Paul and Margaret Brand Research Center
Robert Snyder, DPM, CWS
Professor and Director of Clinical Research
Gerhild Packert, PhD
Director of Basic Science Research
Maria Swartz, RN