The goals of the Barry University Foot and Ankle Institute provide clear guidelines which address its purpose. These goals are:
- to provide an academic atmosphere conducive to scholarly achievement;
- to utilize the faculty, staff, and institutional resources of Barry University to enrich the didactic and clinical experiences of students;
- to provide role models by whose example the students may evolve as competent, ethical, and well-rounded professionals;
- to promote competitive attitudes in students while adhering to ethical standards for personal and professional behavior; and
- to encourage faculty and students to conduct primary research activities which enhance the delivery of health care.