Welcome to the Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine's website. I would like to extend a warm welcome to you and encourage you to gain further insight into our educational program.
Podiatric medicine specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of lower extremity disorders and diseases. Podiatric physician areas of expertise can include surgery, trauma, sports medicine, wound care, pediatrics, and palliative care.
We are very proud to offer students unique experiences that include:
- Small class sizes within a comprehensive university
- Basic Sciences program with Board Part 1 pass rate equal to the national average
- Clinical Sciences program with Board Part 2 pass rate higher than the national average
- Miami Area Hospitals - 8 affiliated hospitals for training
- Barry University Podiatric Clinics - 3 area hospital clinics owned by the school with unparalleled training opportunities
- Board Certified professors with international recognition in Surgery, Sports Medicine and Wound Care
- Professors with significant basic science and clinical research experience with National Institutes of Health funding experience
- Affiliation with the Paul & Margaret Brand Research Center
- Sports Medicine opportunities with collegiate teams
- Excellent residency placement
After viewing our web pages we urge you to visit the Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine. Our faculty would be happy to spend time with you in our clinics and assist in answering your questions regarding a career in podiatric medicine.
Barry University is a place where you can realize your career goals and dreams!
Jeffrey Jensen, DPM, FACFAS
Dean and Professor of Podiatric Medicine & Surgery
School of Podiatric Medicine