DPM / MBA
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine and Master of Business Administration
As an academically qualified student enrolled in the School of Podiatric Medicine you have the option of obtaining the dual degree Doctor of Podiatric Medicine/Master of Business Administration (DPM/MBA) in four years of study. If accepted into the dual degree program, in addition to the podiatric medical curriculum, eligible students must complete 27 semester hours of required graduate business core courses.
This dual degree option gives you an understanding of the economics involved in managing a business and helps advance awareness about public health. You will learn to use financial tools and gain skills necessary to effectively manage the day-to-day operations of a medical office. Or you will work with community groups to assess the health status of communities, and identify and solve public health problems..
During the first year of enrollment in the School of Podiatric Medicine, students must indicate their interest in obtaining the dual degree. MBA candidates may have to take up to eight business workshops, depending on previous academic preparation. The workshops are offered periodically throughout the year.
MBA Program Highlights:
- Tuition discounts of an additional expense of $4,710 per year ($1,570 per semester)
- Will not add to the length of the DPM program
- Accredited by AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Reputable network of national and international business organizations
- Highly qualified faculty focused primarily on teaching
- Evening classes that will not conflict with the DPM class schedule
- Completed baccalaureate degree at a regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution. (An unofficial transcript will be accepted for admission, but applicants must present an official transcript indicating awarding of the undergraduate degree prior to the end of the initial semester.)
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale. (If a student has attended multiple undergraduate institutions, the minimum 3.25 GPA applies to the last 30 semester hours or credits completed by the student.)
- Earned an acceptable score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or a comparable score on the MCAT or GRE, as evaluated by the Dean of Graduate Business Programs.
- Students cannot begin the MBA program requirements until the beginning of the second year of the DPM program.
- Students must obtain signed approval from the School of Podiatric Medicine Associate Dean before applying.
The Deans of the Schools of Business and School of Podiatric Medicine will determine student eligibility to enroll for the additional degree. Podiatric medical students who fail to maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA in either podiatric medicine or business courses and students who earn a “D” or “F” grade in any course will be dropped from the program. Under no circumstances will students on probation or in programs in excess of four years be allowed to continue with the M.B.A. degree option. The Deans’ decision to remove a student from the dual degree program may not be contested by the student.
Business Core Requirements – 27 Credits
- MBA 603 -International Business
- MBA 617 -Technology & Information Systems
- MBA 621 -Managerial Finance
- MBA 646 -Marketing in a Dynamic Environment
- MBA 660 -Managerial Accounting
- MBA 681 -Economics for Strategic Decisions
- MBA 682 -Strategy Formulation, Implementation & Entrepreneurship
- MBA 683 -Leadership & Advanced Management Concepts
- MBA 692 -Social, Legal & Ethical Aspects of Business
For more information on the MBA program contact: 305-899-3500 firstname.lastname@example.org