Von M. Homer, M.Sc, BOCPD,
Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics
- Board of Certification Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Pedorthic Footwear Association, (AOPA) American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association
- Temple University of Podiatric Medicine; Pedorthics Program
- Orthotic & Prosthetic Residency US Orthotics and Prosthetics Mary Washington Hospital, Fredericksburg Va
- Assistant Professor, & Director of the Motion Analysis Center (MAC-Lab)
- Clinical Faculty Appointment; Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine
- Publications Committee; Current Pedorthics Journal
- National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education Committee
- Barry University Faculty Awards Committee, 2015-present.
- Barry University Communique Committee, 2014-present.
- Paul and Margaret Brand Research Committee, 2013- present.
- Homer V (2015). Evidence Based Practice For Pedorthic Devices That Prevent Ulcer Recurrence. Current Pedorthics, 47(1): 13-14.
- Homer V, Harlis M, Norris M (2015). Propulsion: The Use of the Morton’s Extension in Athletics Old Remedy or Innovative Healthy Advantage. Current Pedorthics, 47(1): 9-10.
- Homer V, Anwar Z, Saxton J, Ludwig K, Egret C (2015). Kinematic Analysis of Tibial Position Related to Peak Plantar Pressure Inside Total Contact Cast Systems. Current Pedorthics, 47(4): 37-39.
- Jensen J, Homer V, Pena C (2015). Diabetic Amputation Prevention Project I. Current Pedorthics, 47(4): 22-27.
Scientific and Research Presentations:
- American Academy of Orthotics and Prosthetics: Florida Diabetic Amputation Prevention Project; Orlando FL 2016.
- American Society of Biomechanics: Human Movement Science Symposium; Kinematic analysis of Tibial Position related to Peak Plantar Pressure inside Total Contact Cast systems; University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Raleigh NC 2015.
- Jensen J. Hanft J. Homer V. (2013). Offloading: Strategies for Prevention and Treatment. The Symposium on Advanced Wound Care, Denver, CO.
- Homer, V. (2013). Orthotic Management of Apropulsive Gait in Adults. The African American Orthotics and Prosthetic Coalition Biomechanics Meeting, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta GA.