School of Podiatric Medicine Student Health Compliance
In order to participate in the Doctor of Podiatric Medicine Program you must fulfill the CDC health requirements for health care workers during all four years of attendance. This is done through American DataBank:
- Immunizations must be kept up to date*
- Tetanus-Diphtheria booster: within the last 10 years.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): proof of natural disease, titer, or booster (2 shots).
- Hepatitis B: three boosters or titer.
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella: two shots or titer.
- PPD skin test for TB: every 12 months if 0mm (if higher than 10mm need X-ray and symptom check every 12 months).
- Flu (H1N1): annual booster
- Statement of Good Health – this is not a physical but a statement that you are healthy enough to be a podiatry student (NOT your medical history as that is confidential to you).
- Medical insurance* which covers occupational exposure and waiver – if you are not enrolled in the Barry student insurance you must maintain a current insurance waiver which states that you are covered for occupational hazard.
* All international students (F-1 or J-1 Visa Status) and students residing in campus housing are required to comply with the University's Health Policy and present the following information to the Student Health Services.
Barry Offers Medical Insurance & Immunizations! Please Click on the Following Link for More Information: Student Health Services (SHC)