The Operational Plan
Provide Distinctive and Excellent Academic Programming.
- Cultivate a culture of academic excellence where both faculty and students thrive
- Determine and develop flagship academic programs
- Determine the most effective and efficient mix and size of programs
- Develop an academic program evaluation process (balance mission, market, and quality; policies, systems, objective)
- Enhance curriculum with international components
- Deliver programs by multiple means (explore on-line programming, languages, international locations)
- Cultivate an academic environment rooted in our Catholic Dominican mission
- Establish standardized approach to managing graduate programs
- Create a University-wide 1st Year Experience program for traditional undergraduate students
- Define and deliver academic and personal support programs and services to meet the diverse needs of our students
Initiative II: Create Student Centered Learning Communities.
- Analyze and improve our service to students (apply best practices; on and off campus)
- Assess and improve student retention
- Increase diversity of faculty and staff at all levels to more closely reflect our student body
- Create vibrant, multicultural campus environments that are welcoming to our diverse student body (expectations, training, evaluation)
- Increase student engagement on all campuses
- Provide opportunities for all students to explore and deepen their own religious identity and spirituality (active inquiry)
- Ensure that our University spaces are comfortable and attractive for students, faculty, and staff interactions
Ensure Our Financial Sustainability and Vitality.
- Build stronger relationships with alumni, friends, and business and community leaders
- Adapt our economic system to increase efficiency, diversify revenue streams, and generate consistent annual surpluses from operations (including financial analysis of all operating units)
- Strengthen our fundraising capacity and build the endowment
- Determine the optimum size and mix for our student body
- Right size our physical, technological, and administrative//human resource infrastructure
- Develop a University-wide pricing strategy that is based on best practices, appropriate to our target markets, and makes effective use of tuition discounting
- Develop a coherent, adaptive, and appropriately resourced marketing strategy
- Create a University-wide protocol for new program development
Initiative IV: Renew Our Commitment to Excellence.
- 1 Create a service culture based on our mission, clear expectations, measurement and evaluation systems, and accountability - PEOPLE
- Create a service culture based on our mission, clear expectations, measurement and evaluation systems, and accountability - PROCESS
- Become an employer of choice (reward, recognition, quality of work life; standards, systems, equity, accountability; collaboration, professional development, succession planning; academic freedom)
- Develop a University-wide master plan
- Build the connectedness of all students, faculty and staff to the University and its mission
Initiative V: Establish Diversity and Community Service as the Integrating Dimensions of Our Identity.
- Establish standards and expectations that facilitate and support University commitment to community service
- Create a Center for Community Initiatives
- Evaluate how our commitment to diversity and multiculturalism is understood, received and incorporated
- Strategically enhance our multinational and multicultural niche
- Expand our reach to our local communities to enhance our international multi-cultural orientation and image
- Integrate consistent messages relative to our identity in all marketing efforts
Develop a Transformative, Transparent and Collaborative Governance System.
- Develop a governance system that responds to identified needs and emphasizes institutionally-centered decisions
- Develop (revise as appropriate) comprehensive and consistent policies and procedures at all levels (including handbooks)
- Develop a comprehensive, University-wide communication plan that will ensure timely, accurate and appropriate communication
Oh oh ....