Transfer Students

You don't have to wait until the fall: Barry University is offering competitive, merit-based scholarships to qualified transfer applicants for the term beginning January 13, 2003.

Schedule a campus visit and see why Barry University is where you belong.

You'll go on a tour of our campus with an admissions ambassador -- a Barry student who can share some of his / her experiences of Barry with you. You'll also have a personal meeting with an admissions and a financial aid counselor. A few hours of your time will bring you a lot of clarity regarding your future. You'll leave knowing about:

  • Your Barry scholarship qualification
  • Your financial aid package (if your Institutional Student Aid Report is available)
  • Your transfer credits (if you bring your transcripts)

E-mail us today at or call the 305-899-3113 (toll-free 1-800-695-2279) to schedule you visit. We look forward to seeing you on campus soon!

Basic Q & A's

How many credits must I have to be a transfer applicant?

If you have at least 12 transferable credits from a regionally accredited college or university, you would be considered a transfer applicants (High school students with advanced placement and college credits should apply as first-year applicants.)

What are the admission requirements?

Generally speaking, you must present a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 in all transferable college credits, and be in good standing at the last institution you attended. Certain programs require a higher GPA and may have specific prerequisites. Our admission counselors can explain the requirements more fully or you can reference your program page for more information (link to UG program page listing).

How do I apply?

  1. Complete the online undergraduate application, or print out and complete the Application for Admission.
  2. Submit the non-refundable application fee (online application fee waived, $30.00/paper application) made payable by check or money order to Barry University.
  3. Submit official transcripts from all secondary and post secondary institutions. Incomplete transcripts must be updated with final official transcripts as soon as all coursework is completed.