Bachelor of Public Administration
|Distribution Requirement||45 credits|
|Public Administration||45 credits|
|Portfolio (Option)||up to 30 credits|
|Minor (Option)||21 credits|
|TOTAL DEGREE||120 credits|
Students in the online Bachelor of Public Administration program may submit an Experiential Portfolio in order to satisfy total degree requirements. The Portfolio is optional for this program. Specific requirements for the portfolio can be reviewed in the PACE Student Bulletin. Students will work with their Academic Advisor through the development of the Portfolio.
Distribution Courses 45 credits
You must complete 9 credits in each of the following categories:
- Theology and Philosophy
- Written and Oral Communication
- Science and Mathematics
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Humanities and the Arts
Portfolio Up to 30 credits
Students pursuing the online Bachelors of Public Administration program may submit the Experiential Portfolio. The portfolio is optional for this program.
BACHELOR OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (45 CREDITS)
PUB 301 Principles of Public Administration must be taken in the first term. To comply with course sequencing, all 300 level courses must be taken first prior to enrolling in 400 level coursework in the major core. 400 level course (except PUB 499) can be taken in any order.
REQUIRED MAJOR COURSES (30 Credits)
- PUB 301 Principles of Public Administration
- PUB 302 Values and Ethics in Public Administration
- PUB 310 Research Methods & Techniques in Public Administration
- POS 303 Public Policy & Administration
- PUB 403 Public Budgeting & Finance
- PUB 404 Concepts & Issues in Public Planning
- PUB 405 Administrative Law and Process
- PUB 406 Human Resources in the Public Sector
- PUB 407 Productivity Improvements in the Public Sector
- PUB 499 Public Administration Capstone Project
REQUIRED ELECTIVES (15 Credits)
Any three ADM, EMA, HSA, IT, PLA, PFP or PUB prefix courses not used to satisfy the above Required Major Courses.
PORTFOLIO AND/OR TRANSFER CREDITS
- Up to five (5) courses (3 credits each) from ADM, EMA, HSA, IT, PLA, PFP, PUB 408 or PUB 409, and/or six upper-level transfer credits and/or 15 upper level, discipline-specific portfolio credits in ADM, Special Topics: EMA or Special Topics: PUB.
- Not all electives are offered fully online. Check with your advisor for current offerings or the current list of available online undergraduate courses.