In the event of an explosion on campus, take the following actions:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks, or under objects which will give protection against falling glass and debris.
- After the initial effects of the explosion have subsided, call 911. Give your name, tell them if there is a fire, and describe the location and nature of the emergency.
- Activate the building fire alarm.
- Evacuate the building by the nearest exit. If disabled individuals cannot safely evacuate the building, assist to the nearest stairwell away from damaged area. Alert emergency personnel of their location
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS.
- Once outside, go to the designated rally point. If this location is unavailable, move to a safe area that is at least 1000 feet away in all directions from the affected building. Keep driveways and sidewalks clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- Classroom leaders insure that students evacuate the building and should ask students to sign in at the rally point to ensure everyone is evacuated.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by Miami Dade Fire Department or Public Safety Department.