The Master of Science (MS) degree program in Reading is a 30-semester-hour program. The program meets the demand for highly-qualified teachers of Reading. You will find that our graduate reading courses present evidence-based best practices for teaching and learning strategies. Classes are taught in small settings by full-time professors who represent a broad and deep knowledge of reading education. Upon completion of the MS in Reading, you will be eligible for Florida's reading certification.
Following completion of the Master of Science (MS) degree program in Reading, you would have acquired the ability to:
Following completion of Master of Science (MS) Degree program in Reading, you would have acquired the ability to:
- Apply knowledageof reading to improve instruction
- Demonstrate refined research-based teach
- Model the integrationof reading to learn best practices into the entire curriculum
- Provide literacy leadership at the school, community, and distict levels
Designed for Working Professionals
Courses are offered on the main campus or fully online, in 7- and 16-week terms. Most students complete the program in less than two years while continuing to work full-time.
This program is state-approved. This means that, upon completion of the program, you are eligible for the State of Florida Reading Certification. The Florida Sunshine State Standards, Competencies and Skills, as well as the Accomplished Practices, are reflected in the Reading program's content.
What Can I Do With This Degree?
Barry students and graduates achieve recognition and a high degree of success at all levels, K-12, as:
- Reading teachers
- Reading resource leaders
- Reading coaches and team leaders
- Reading lab teachers
- Reading and language art supervisors
- District reading leaders
- Corrective and remedial reading experts
- Content area literacy experts
- Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Response to Intervention coordinators
- Response to Intervention district leaders
- Response to Intervention coaches and resource leaders