Reading, MS at Barry University
The Master of Science (MS) degree program in Reading is a 30-semester-hour program. This program is designed for teachers and leaders in literacy education at the K-12 level.
Following completion of the Master of Science (MS) degree program in Reading, you will have acquired the ability to:
- apply knowledge of reading research to improve literacy instruction
- demonstrate refined research-based teaching strategies and skills for improved reading and learning
- model the integration of reading to learn best practices into the entire curriculum
- provide literacy leadership at the school, community, and district levels
Upon completion of the MS in Reading, you will be eligible for Florida's reading certification.
Designed for Working Professionals
All courses are offered in the evening. Most courses meet once a week for eight or sixteen weeks. Summer courses meet in a ten or twelve week format.
Most students complete the program in less than two years while teaching.
What Can I Do With This Degree?
Barry students and graduates achieve recognition and a high degree of success at all levels, K-12, as:
- Reading teachers
- Reading resource leaders
- Reading coaches and team leaders
- Reading lab teachers
- Reading and Language Art supervisors
- District Reading leaders
- Corrective and remedial Reading experts
- Content area literacy experts
- Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Response to Intervention coordinators
- Response to Intervention district leaders
- Response to Intervention coaches and resource leaders