You will be asked to complete a one-time consent form the first time you request a transcript because it is important to Barry University and Credentials eScrip-Safe that you know your records are secured during this process. The consent form is presented at the end of the order.
Transcripts on Demand contact information:
Email address: email@example.com
Fax number for consent forms: 847-716-3710
- The fee is $10.00 for each transcript ordered. Delivery charges are listed below.
- A major credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, & Discover) is required to place the order.
- Transcripts are sent by 1st Class Mail. Barry University assumes no responsibility for final delivery.
|Delivery Charges||Delivery Fees||Total Cost Including Transcript|
|Expedited Service Orders received before 12 Noon EST will be processed the same day. (Fee only refers to the expedited processing of the transcript request)||$10||$20|
|Student Pickup in Registrar’s Office, Adrian 108 Transcripts will be processed within 2-3 business days.||$10||$20|
|USPS (First Class Mail)||0||$10|
|US First Class International||$2.10||$12.10|
|UPS Two Day Air||$25||$35|
|UPS Next Day Air||$30||$40|
|UPS Worldwide Expedited||$50||$60|
You will receive email notifications informing you of the status of your transcript order when your transcript request has been received, electronically delivered, and read by the receiver. You may also elect to receive text-messages. You can check your order status and order history online on the Transcripts on Demand website.
- All remaining balances must be cleared with the Cashier Business Office in order to be eligible to request transcripts. If the form is submitted while an outstanding balance is present, the request will NOT be processed.
- Law students must request transcripts via the Orlando School of Law. Please visit http://weblaw.barry.edu/student-resources/registrar.html to request transcripts.
- Continuing Education Non-Degree Students should contact the School of Professional and Career Education (formerly ACE) at 305-899-3352 to order transcripts.
- Please check Webadvisor to make sure current term grades have been posted.
- You may submit your transcript request and have it held until your degree is conferred.
- If you require Apostille* please list your instructions in the comments when ordering
your transcript. Hard copy transcripts will be notarized and mailed directly from the Office of the
- *Apostille is a certificate that authenticates or verifies a document for use in another country.
- You may upload up to 5 PDF documents to be attached to your transcript in Transcripts on Demand. Forms must be less than 2 GB. If requesting electronic transcripts to be sent to LSAC (only) it is not necessary to upload the coversheet.
- If requesting a transcript to be sent to a scholarship provider to cover an existing balance, the transcript must be addressed to the scholarship provider and sent directly to the scholarship provider either by mail or to an official email address (not Hotmail, Gmail, etc.). Scholarship exceptions are determined by CBO on a case by case basis.
- Dates of attendance do not need to be exact, approximate dates are needed to determine if you attended before 1990. Please allow additional time to process transcripts if you attended before 1990.
- If you wish to have your social security number printed on the transcript please indicate this in the comments. The full SSN will be printed on your transcript.
- Please limit comments to only necessary information so processing is not delayed.
- When filling out the consent form, be sure to list your account number appearing at the top right corner of the screen. Do not list your Barry ID or SSN or your consent form will be rejected. The consent form must be submitted within 14 days or your order will be cancelled.
- If an identification number must be included with transcript please type your number on a Microsoft Word document and upload with your transcript request.
- Transcripts being sent to the Florida Department of Education should be mailed, do NOT request electronic transcripts.
- Transcript requests via telephone are not accepted.
- Other Frequently Asked Questions available at https://iwantmytranscript.com/documents/faq
- Network Delivery: Many colleges, universities, and other agencies are members of this secure network and actively receive electronic transcripts. Please check network recipients to see if your intended destination is a network member.
- One-Time Delivery: Non-network recipients are designated by you (the requester) and identified by their e-mail address. To ensure prompt delivery and receipt, notify the recipient that you would like to send them an electronic transcript and verify that they are willing to accept it. Also ask the recipient to add @scrip-safe.com to their safe senders list so that e-mails from this account are not caught in spam filters.
- If you are sending an electronic transcript to an individual at an institution in the network you must enter the individual’s name and provide their email address. Do not select the institution because the transcript will be sent to their general transcript account.
- The recipient has 14 days to open and view the transcript.
- Once the transcript has been opened and viewed, recipient will have 24 hours to view, print, or save the transcript.
- The transcript will expire after 24 hours. If the recipient did save the transcript it will be necessary to place a new transcript order.
Office of the Registrar
11300 N.E. Second Avenue
Miami, FL 33161
Phone Number (305) 899-3860
Fax Number: (305) 899-3946
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org