The following criteria are used in selecting RISE students:
- Full-time enrollment at Barry University.
- Majors in biology and chemistry.
- Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above.
- Desire to pursue a biomedical research career that will ultimately prepare you for acceptance into a PhD program in biomedical science.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Strong letters of recommendation from science faculty (3 required).
- Compliance with the national goals of the NIH RISE Program (http://www.nigms.nih.gov/Training/MBRS/RISEDescription.htm)