The CCSI has developed a variety of community engagement initiatives that will benefit the communities served by Barry—local, regional, national, and global. Our community partners play an integral role in developing, implementing, and evaluating these initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities of Community Partners
- Orientation of students to agency and community (providing information about mission and goals, programs and services, staff and clientele)
- Training of students for project or assignment (providing guidelines and procedures)
- Supervision of students at service site
- Ongoing communication with campus partners (i.e., Barry faculty and CCSI staff)
- Assessment of student performance and learning
- Contribute community knowledge and expertise to development and implementation of service projects