Every year, Barry University School of Social Work students and faculty travel to the state capital in Tallahassee to Lobby for positive change on many issues of social justice that continue to affect society. This year, Barry Social Work students were joined by Kionne L. McGhee (D-Miami), member of the Florida House of Representatives, in their fight to create awareness and promote change.
Clink on the links below for information on each of the five bills that Barry University social work students lobbied to enact.
- HB 159/SB 574: Relating to Establishment of Mental Health First Aid Training Program
- HB 203/SB 260: Relating to Unaccompanied Homeless Youth
- HB 535/SB 552: Relating to Transactions in Fresh Produce Markets
- HB 989/SB 768: Relating to Human Trafficking & HB 7141/SB 1724: Relating to Human Trafficking
- HB 7169 & SB 1666: Relating to Child Protection and Child Welfare Services