Barry University Dining Services offers a variety of dining choices for students and visitors to the Miami Shores campus. There are a variety of restaurants to choose from, all conveniently located within walking distance of on-campus housing, labs/classrooms and many off-campus apartments. Dining on campus provides the social experience essential to campus life. It gives the opportunity to gather with friends, take study breaks, hang out, relax and unwind after a hard day of classes and activities.
Resident Meal Plans
Barry University has several meal plans from which to choose. Each meal plan includes a set number of meals and Dining Dollars (see “How to successfully navigate your dining meal plan”).
As a resident student at Barry University you are required to choose from one of the following meal plan options:
- Choice 19 + $100 Dining Dollars: $1,930 per semester
This more traditional meal plan option provides residents 19 opportunities to dine in Roussell each week plus this plan offers $100 in dining dollars.
Choice 14 + $150 Dining Dollars: $1,930 per semester
This balanced meal plan option allows residents 14 opportunities to dine in Roussell each week plus offers $150 in dining dollars.
Choice 10 + $250 Dining Dollars: $1,930 per semester
Perfect for the student on the go offering the versatility of any 10 meals per week in Roussell Dining Hall paired with $250 in dining dollars.
Select 7 + $375 Dining Dollars: $1,930 per semester
Benefit from the flexibility of using $375 in dining dollars at our Buc Stop Café’s Subway, Chick-n-Grill, We Proudly Brew, Outtakes, Landon Student Union’s Bucky’s Cove, Dominican Hall’s Chopp’d Wrap’d and Roll’d, Juiceblendz, plus enjoy any 7 meals per week in Roussell Dining Hall.
Select 5 + $450 Dining Dollars: $1,930 per semester
Maximize your options with $450 in dining dollars for use at our Buc Stop Café’s Subway, Chick-n-Grill, We Proudly Brew, Outtakes, Landon Student Union’s Bucky’s Cove, Dominican Hall’s Chopp’d Wrap’d and Roll’d, Juiceblendz, plus enjoy any 5 meals per week in Roussell Dining Hall.
How the Meal Plans Work: For our Resident Students living on campus, it is required to have a meal plan. With several options to choose from, each has different spending abilities. Roussell Dining Hall is the primary location for students to use their meal plans. Student meal plans run on a weekly basis starting on Friday morning and ending Thursday evening. Meal plans are used or lost on a weekly basis and do not roll over. roll over.
Meal Periods Roussell Dining Hall is setup to serve meals based on meal periods. There are three meal periods per day Monday through Friday and two meal periods per day Saturday and Sunday. Resident students are permitted one swipe per meal period. Roussell does not close in between meal periods and limited service is available during the transitional periods.
Commuter Student Meal Plans
Meal plans are also available for Commuter students. Commuter meal plans offer convenience, value and flexibility. Commuter Meal Plans can be purchased by cash, check or credit card in the Cashier Business Office (CBO) in Farrell Building, Room 110. A representative there can also assist you in obtaining a Commuter Meal Plan using excess financial aid, scholarship or loans.
Barry University has several commuter meal plans from which students can choose. Your university ID card serves as your meal card. The Roussell Dining Hall also offers a great Grab-n-Go feature.
For our Commuter Students, it is not required to have a meal plan. However, with the newly renovated dining program coming to Barry University, there are several meal plans to choose from. Roussell will be the primary location for students to use their meal plans. Commuter block meals are bought at one time and can be used through the year, and expire at the end of the academic year. Once the package is bought, it is the commuter’s choice to use the meal plans as they see fit. If a commuter runs out of meals, they are able to purchase an additional plan.
- Commuter 175 + $250 Dining Dollars – $1280
Combine the independence of off-campus housing with the convenience, flexibility, and value of on-campus dining. This plan provides Commuter Students with 175 opportunities to enjoy meals in Roussell Dining Hall during the semester, $250 in dining dollars for use throughout the semester.
Commuter 100 + $150 Dining Dollars – $765
This plan is designed for the student that is always on campus but lives off-campus. It provides the convenience, flexibility, and value of on-campus dining with an option of 100 meals in Roussell Dining Hall along with $150 in dining dollars both available for the entire semester.
Commuter 50 + $150 Dining Dollars – $485
Created for the off-campus student looking for the ultimate convenience, flexibility and value, this plan includes 50 opportunities to enjoy meals in Roussell Dining Hall, $150 in dining dollars for use throughout the semester.
Commuter 35 + $100 Dining Dollars – $345
Easy, convenient, and budget-friendly, this plan includes 35 opportunities to enjoy meals in Roussell Dining Hall, $100 in dining dollars for use during the semester.
Commuter 25 – $170
Save time and money, this plan allows commuter students the ability to dine on campus with 25 any time meals in Roussell Dining Hall.
Guest & Meal Passes: Commuter students have the flexibility to use their block meal plans to swipe their friends and guests into Roussell Dining Hall.
Residents and Commuters: How to successfully navigate your dining meal plan
- Your student ID (BucCard) is required at each meal attended.
- You are the only one who may use your meal card.
- Meal plan weeks, for Resident Meal Plans only, begin Friday morning and end Thursday night. Unused meals do not carry over from week to week.
- Meal plan selections cannot be changed during a semester.
- Mandatory meal plans expire at the end of each semester, commuter meal plans at the end of the academic year.
- Dining Dollars are a great way to dine across campus. They can be used at the retail locations in the Subway, Chick-n-Grill, Outtakes, We Proudly Brew (Buc Stop Café @Thompson Hall), CREATE, Juiceblendz, Outtakes (Dominican Hall) and Bucky's Cove.
- Dining Dollars hold a dollar for dollar value and expire at the end of the semester [mandatory meal plans] and the academic year [commuter meal plans]
- The meal plan equivalency program allows students to grab a combo meal at Dominican Hall’s – (CREATE, Juiceblendz and Outtakes) and Roussell to-Go to substitute a meal swipe off their weekly meal plan swipe allotment. These locations will offer combos in exchange for a meal swipe. All other retail locations can accept Dining Dollars, Flex Bucks, cash, credit, or debit.
Roussell Dining Hall:
(R. Kirk Landon Student Union, 2nd Floor) Roussell Dining Hall is an all you care to eat facility featuring a wide variety of fresh food designed to satisfy anyone's appetite. This Dine-In only location features a made to order deli, bakery, pizza, action station, grill, chef’s table, vegetarian and salad bar options! Need something on the fly? Grab a meal from Roussell with Roussell to-Go!
This facility serves resident students, commuter students and faculty/ staff who are on meal plans. It is also open to all students, faculty, staff and guests of the University. Purchases can be made using cash, credit /debit card, Dining Dollars or Flex Bucs. Full-service meals are served seven days per week.
Barry’s very own sports bar and grill is full of exciting entertainment like karaoke night, talent night, trivia night as well as two full size billiard tables, ping pong and board games! Try our gourmet burgers, appetizers, pizza, fries along with our wide selection of beer and wine. Bucky’s Cove also features a breakfast option with coffee and espresso. This location is the perfect place to go before and after a big game!
Chick-N-Grill (Buc Stop Café @Thompson Hall)
Billed as the “tasty way to stay healthy” Chick-n-Grill utilizes an open kitchen format and design that is meant to highlight the freshness of the products. These include marinated chicken and steak cooked over a hot, flaming grill along with freshly prepared salads, rice and bean bowls, Latin-Style wraps and more. This Latin/Caribbean style menu is sure to appeal your appetite.
Subway: (Buc Stop Café @ Thompson Hall)
Subway has earned a reputation for offering a healthier alternative to traditional greasy and fatty fast food. Subway offers fresh, nutritious, and of course made-to-order sandwiches.
Outtakes: (Buc Stop Cafe @ Thompson Hall)
With convenience on the mind, our Outtakes brand is an “On-the-Go” concept. This location will feature freshly made salads, sandwiches, fruit cups, bottled beverages and meet your snacking needs. If you need a meal on the fly, Outtakes is your stop choice! Additional Outtakes is located at Dominican Hall. Outtakes purchases can be made at any Buc Stop Café brand.
We Proudly Brew:(Buc Stop Café @ Thompson Hall)
Need a wakeup call? Come to We Proudly Brew, featuring popular Starbucks’ products. This location will feature breakfast pastries and deserts to complement any beverage selection.
Create (Dominican Hall)
Your wish is our command as your meal is created right in front your eyes. With sandwiches, wraps, and salads, this location is made simple with ingredients that are fresh, delicious and of course healthy. The possibilities are endless with over 29 ingredients to choose from. You will never have to order the same thing twice!
Juiceblendz (Dominican Hall)
Take four parts customer service, three parts nutrition, two parts taste and a dash of moxie then blend till smooth. Juiceblendz is a uniquely fresh concept redefining the smoothie and nutrition industry. With the growing demand for fresh, nutritious ingredients and delicious blendz, Juicblendz aims to satisfy your healthy lifestyle. Each “blendz” is formulated to feed the mind, body and tastebudz. They only use the freshest ingredients with no smoothie mixes or sugary purees.
Outtakes (Dominican Hall)
With convenience on the mind, our Outtakes brand is a “Grab-n-Go” concept. This location will feature freshly made sushi, gourmet salads, sandwiches, fruit cups and bottled beverages. If you need a meal on the fly, Outtakes is your stop choice! The Outtakes at Dominican Hall will feature a meal plan equivalency combo.
Dining locations, hours of operation, and more can be found at: www.dineoncampus.com\barryu
Le Cafe International
Le Cafe International provides a selection of grab-and-go items, Espresso coffees, baked goods, smoothies, sandwiches, and some salads.
There are two locations to serve students, faculty, staff and guests. Purchases can be made using cash, credit/debit card or Flex Bucs (at the Garner location only).
- Wiegand Lobby
Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 5:00 pm
Southwest corner outside Garner
Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 7:30 pm
The Flex Bucs account is a declining balance account for all debit functions on campus. These funds are placed on the student’s university issued ID card. At this time the ID card handles the following debit functions:
- Bookstore purchases
- All dining venues on campus
- Business Center
- Flex Bucs accounts can be opened at the Cashier Business Office (CBO). Payments of cash, check or credit card are accepted. Requests for billing against excess Financial Aid, loans or scholarship funds to your university account are done at the same office. A refund request of Flex Bucs begins at the Student Union Office located in Landon Student Union.
- Deposits in this account carry over from semester to semester.
- Additional funds can be added to this account at any time during a semester.
- Unused funds will be refunded upon request.
- A University ID card is required for all Flex Bucs account purchases.
- A University ID card can only be used by the person to whom it is issued.
- Unauthorized or fraudulent use of an ID card will result in the card being confiscated and all persons involved being referred to the University Judicial System.
- Any systematic problems with the university ID card must be taken to the Student Union Office for resolution.
- Payments of cash, check or credit card to the Flex Bucs account are made at the office of Cashiers/Business Office, Farrell Hall, Room 110 or the Frank J. Rooney Bldg. for PACE students. Requests for billing against excess Financial Aid, loans or scholarship monies to your university account are done at the same office. Refunds of Flex Bucs money begins with a request made at the Office of the Student Union located in Landon Student Union.