The DePorres Center for Ethical Leadership and the Center for Student Involvement present…
Women in Leadership Conference 2013
Pearls of Wisdom:
The Journey of Finding your Truth
The mission of the Women in Leadership Initiative is to serve as a mini-empowerment conference that addresses developmental, social, cultural, economic and political challenges that women experience through an interactive experience. This leadership initiative is created to inspire, empower, motivate, encourage, educate, uplift, and develop women of innovation and change. The objective of this program is to expose the young women of Barry University's campus to the essence of finer womanhood and embracing one’s self as a woman by attending to the holistic experiences of being a woman in today’s society.
Schedule of Events
Monday, March 18, 2013
- Iridescence (11:00am- 2:00pm, Landon Student Union Atrium): Iridescence is an in interactive art experience. The Barry Community is invited to take part in creating an art piece that will honor inspirational and empowering women. If you would like to take part in creating this experience.
- Cultured Pearls (11:30am-1:00pm, Landon Student Union Events Room): A high tea and informative luncheon featuring a keynote speaker and round table discussions on Ethical leadership, Community Service and Career Development. All guests are required to wear business attire or dresses to the affair. There will be special give-a-ways for the first 50 participants that RSVP. Spaces are limited, all participants must RSVP 0n or before March 15, 2013 by 5:00pm by signing up in the Center for Student Involvement or via email email@example.com.
- Career Services present…Nursing/ Health Sciences Career Fair (4:00pm-6:00pm, Andreas 111 & 112). Professional Dress is required and bring several copies of your updated resume.
- Radiance: Self Discovery Reflective Activity (7:00pm-9:00pm, Dominican Hall Conference Room) Do you really know who you are? How does the world perceive you? Most importantly what is your perception of yourself? Shownda Pagan is a phenomenal speaker who will challenge you to explore these questions and more. Are you ready to move beyond your reflection and discover your truth? Ladies that attend the event with 3 or more friends will be eligible to win raffle prizes.
Tuesday, March 19, 2012
- Iridescence: (11:00am- 2:00pm, Thompson Hall Lobby): Iridescence is an in interactive art experience. The Barry Community is invited to take part in creating an art piece that will honor inspirational and empowering women. If you would like to take part in creating this experience.
- Career Services present…Business Career Fair (6:00pm-8:00pm, Andreas 111& 112), Professional Dress is required and bring several copies of your updated resume.
- Pearls of Wisdom Panel Discussion- (7:00pm-9:00pm, Landon Student Union Events Room): Do you have a set of rules or requirements when it comes to dating? A panel of Barry Alumni (Maria Donohue, Dwayne Meyers, Adlai Moss, and, Marsha Thompson) will share their views on relationships, dating, image, and social media. This event will definitely equipped you will the tools to “Act Like A Lady and Think Like A Man!” Ladies that come with 3 or more friends will be eligible to win raffle prizes.
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
- Career Services present…Communications Networking Event (10:00am-12:00pm, Andreas 111& 112). Professional Dress is required and bring several copies of your updated resume.
- Women’s Health and Beauty Expo-Health (12:00pm-3:00pm, Andreas 111 & 112) The Women’s Health and Beauty Expo event offers the women of Barry University the opportunity to explore the finer enjoyments of womanhood. The women on this campus have been balancing a busy life and are encouraged to grab their girlfriends, co-workers and classmates to enjoy amazing massages while taking the opportunity to relax, unwind, participate in fitness demonstrations, play Wii Fit & Kinect and even have some retail therapy. This women’s expo features vendors from health, beauty, fashion, and so much more. Vendors will be on campus offering on-site sales of product, sampling of beauty products and services, and healthy cooking demonstrations. Don’t miss prizes and give-a-ways from The Body Shop, Salon Dahlia, LUSH, and Center for Student Involvement. Featured Vendors: The Body Shop, Jamba Juice, Vitamin Water, Mavuno Jewelry with Purpose, GG Spa and Salon, Cooperate Body Massage, Salon Dahlia and Sodexo. Spaces are limited, students, faculty and staff can sign up for appointments in advance for massages, eyebrow waxing, and manicures in the Center for Student Involvement, Landon 202 (must have a valid Barry University ID). Students are FREE and there is a $3.00 charge for faculty/staff per service. All proceeds go toward the Fairy God Mother Project. There will also be a collection rack for dresses, accessories, and shoe donations for the Fairy God Mother Project.
- Career Services present…Sport Industry Career Fair (4:00pm-6:00pm, Andreas 111 & 112). Professional Dress is required and bring several copies of your updated resume.
Thursday, March 21, 2013
- TRIBUTE TO EXCELLENCE Awards honors female faculty and staff members that demonstrate the highest levels of dedication and commitment to the Barry University Community. The honorees have served beyond their role in fostering relationships with students and encouraging the students to strive for excellence. Students can nominate faculty or staff by completing a nomination form http://www.barry.edu/student-involvement/student-organizations/forms.html. This is an by invitation only event. 6:00pm-7:00pm, Landon Student Union Events Room
Friday, March 22, 2013
- Iridescence (12:00pm, Cor Jesus Chapel): Participants can transform a blank canvas into a pictorial display of distinguish women, Barry University student, faculty, and staff. Don’t miss a chance to lend your creativity to this community art masterpiece.
- Mass and Reflection (12:00pm, Cor Jesus Chapel): highlighting Women of the Bible and reflective healing activity.