Fall & Spring Enrollment
The statements below are reflective of VA Educational Benefits Enrollment
|Academic Level||Full Time||¾ Time||Half Time||Less than ½ Time|
Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) Information for Chapter 33/Post 9/11 GI Bill Recipients
- The VA will not pay BAH for the break in between terms.
For information on Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) Current Payment Rates visit benefits.va.gov.
|Type of School||MHA Rate|
|Schools in US Territories||E-5 with dependents OHA Rate for school location|
|Exclusively Online Training (No Classroom Instruction)||$894.50|
|Attending classes at 1/2 time or less||NOT PAYABLE|
|Active Duty Trainee (or transferee spouse of service member||NOT PAYABLE|
Pace Undergraduate & Graduate Students
- Students registered in exclusively online courses, the VA will pay the online rate and not the on-site rate. Please reference the chart above for the most current amount.
- If you register for one online and one on-site classroom course for Term A AND Term B term, you will receive the full MHA for the term.
- If you only register for 3 credits for either the A or B term, you will be considered half time for the term and will not receive the MHA.
- If you register for one online course (3 credits) AND one on-site classroom course (3 credits) for Term A AND one on-site classroom course (3 credits) Term B term, you will receive the full MHA for the term.
- If you only register for 3 credits for Term A and 3 credits for B, you will be considered half time for the term and will not receive the MHA.