The statements below are reflective of VA Educational Benefits Enrollment
Undergraduate, Graduate, and Doctoral Students
- In order to be eligible for the BAH you must be enrolled more than half time. Summer I and Summer II are considered separate terms and enrollment is certified based on the course(s) start and end dates.
- If you register for 6 credits for Summer I you will be considered full time for Summer I only.
- If you register for only 3 credits for either term, you will be considered half time and will not receive the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH).
- The VA will not pay BAH for the break in between the terms.
- Exceptions to the Training Time/Credits to be considered full time:
- Anesthesiology- 1 credit
- Podiatry- 5 credits
PACE Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- If you register for only online courses the VA will pay the online rate and not the regular BAH rate. For 2014-2015 the rate is $754.50/month.
- If you register for one online and one classroom course you will receive the full BAH.
- If you register for 3 credits, you will be considered half time and will not receive the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH).
Oh oh ....