Tuition and Fees Reported to the VA
Due to the changes with the Post 9/11 GI Bill® that went into effect in August 2011, the Veterans Administration requires schools to deduct institutional aid and grants that are designated solely for tuition and fees when certifying your enrollment for the semester.
Financial aid awards to be deducted before reporting your tuition and fees to the VA include the following:
- Barry Scholarship
- Effective Access to Student Education Grant (EASE), formerly known as Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG)
- Any other types of institutional aid designated for tuition and fees
If you have any questions about any of the deductible aid stated above, you may contact a VA School Certifying Official for further information via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Title IV Financial aid funds are not deducted from tuition reported to the VA and include the following:
- Barry Access Grant
- PELL Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG)
- Work Study
- Stafford, Perkins and Parent PLUS Loans
The VA Does Not Cover Any Fees Related To Prior Learning Credit. This Includes But Is Not Limited To:
- National Testing Programs (CLEP, COMPASS, DSST)
- Portfolio Review/assessment
- Challenge exams/test out
- Correspondence Courses
- Corporate Training
- Advanced Individual Training (AIT) or Occupational Specialties from DD 214 or Joint Services Transcript
VA Pending Payment Compliance
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), Barry University adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA.
Barry University will not:
- Prevent the student's enrollment on pending VA funds;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student on pending VA funds;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
To qualify for the provision, such students are required to:
- Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) at the time of registration. Final deadline by the first day of class;
- Provide additional Information and/or documentation needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other Institutional policies.
REMINDER: Students are responsible for any portion of their account balance not covered by VA educational benefits. Please follow the Barry University terms and conditions of your registration.