MIAMI SHORES, Fla.—The Barry Buccaneers judged Brandeis unworthy after a 9-0 defeat at the Buccaneer Tennis Center on Sunday.
The Bucs swept through the matches with ease over the NCAA Division III Judges, with nearly every player on the roster contributing.
Emmanuel Fraitzl and Jakub Fejfar combined for three points, teaming up to beat Steven Nieman and Alex Neystat 8-5 at number two doubles and winning their singles matches. Fraitzl defeated Simon Miller 6-4, 6-2 at number one and Fejfar handled Neystat 6-1, 6-2 at number three.
Chistoph Gayer also accounted for two points. He teamed with Andrew Sharnov for an 8-1 win at number three doubles over Seth Rogers and Dor Almog, and then beat Scott Schulman 6-1, 6-3 at number four singles.
Manuel Lauter defeated Neimann 6-2, 6-4 at number two singles. Marcello D’Armas routed Almog 6-0, 6-1 at number five. At number six, the Judges won their only set as Barry’s David Barragan split sets with David Silver. Barragan went on to the claim the point by winning the super tie-breaker for a 6-2, 4-6 10-8 win.
Ales Svigelj and Roman Werschel added an 8-2 win over Miller and Schulman at number one doubles.
The Bucs will next face the Florida Tech Panthers on Monday, Feb. 25 in a game rescheduled due to weather from Feb. 12.
Tennis Match Results
Brandeis vs Barry
2/24/2008 at Miami Shores, Fla.
(Buccaneer Tennis Center)
#7 Barry 9, Brandeis 0
1. Emmanuel Fraitzl (BUM) def. Simon Miller (BRM) 6-4, 6-2
2. Manuel Lauter (BUM) def. Steven Nieman (BRM) 6-2, 6-4
3. Jakub Fejfar (BUM) def. Alex Neystat (BRM) 6-1, 6-2
4. Christoph Gayer (BUM) def. Scott Schulman (BRM) 6-1, 6-3
5. Marcello D'Armas (BUM) def. Dor Almog (BRM) 6-0, 6-1
6. David Barragan (BUM) def. David Silver (BRM) 6-2, 4-6, 10-8
1. Roman Werschel/Ales Svigelj (BUM) def. Simon Miller/Scott Schulman (BRM) 8-2
2. Emmanuel Fraitzl/Jakub Fejfar (BUM) def. Steven Nieman/Alex Neystat (BRM) 8-5
3. Christoph Gayer/Andrew Sharnov (BUM) def. Seth Rogers/Dor Almog (BRM) 8-1
Barry 5-1; National ranking #7