MELBOURNE, Fla.—The Barry University men’s tennis team lost a 6-3 decision on neutral soil to NAIA Auburn University Montgomery on Thursday afternoon.
The Bucs lone doubles point came at the number two spot where Emanuel Fraitzl and Andrew Sharnov beat Alberto Romeo and Loic Didavi 8-4. At doubles one, Michael Johnson and Julian Kurz took down Ales Svigelj and Max Wimmer 9-8. Marco Mokrzycki and Sergio Velez fell 8-3 to Sadio Doumbia and Bence Toth at number three doubles.
The bucs took two points in singles action. #34 Max Wimmer beat Saad Benkirane in three sets, 5-7, 6-2, 10-7, in the number four spot. Velez picked up the third Buccaneer point at number six singles. Velez beat Didavi 6-2, 7-6 (9-7).
The Bucs return to action on Wednesday, March 24 when they take on Ouachita Baptist at 12:00, noon.
Tennis Match Results
Auburn University Montgomery (Ala.) vs Barry
03/18/2010 at Melbourne, FL
Auburn University Montgomery (Ala.) 6, #2 Barry 3
1. Alberto Romeo (AUM) def. #11 Marco Mokrzycki (BUM) 6-3, 6-4
2. Sadio Doumbia (AUM) def. #33 Emanuel Fraitzl (BUM) 6-1, 6-1
3. Michael Johnson (AUM) def. #15 Ales Svigelj (BUM) 6-0, 6-3
4. #34 Max Wimmer (BUM) def. Saad Benkirane (AUM) 5-7, 6-2, 10-7
5. Bence Toth (AUM) def. Andrew Sharnov (BUM) 6-2, 6-0
6. Sergio Velez (BUM) def. Loic Didavi (AUM) 6-2, 7-6 (9-7)
1. Michael Johnson/Julian Kurz (AUM) def. Ales Svigelj/Max Wimmer (BUM) 9-8
2. Emanuel Fraitzl/Andrew Sharnov (BUM) def. Alberto Romeo/Loic Didavi (AUM) 8-4
3. Sadio Doumbia/Bence Toth (AUM) def. Marco Mokrzycki/Sergio Velez (BUM) 8-3
Barry 13-2; National ranking #2