Women's Soccer Falls To Tritons

Photo by Joel Auerbach.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.—Despite holding a commanding 16-7 lead in shots, the Barry Buccaneers were unable to find the back of the net for the second straight game and fell to the Eckerd Tritons 1-0 at the Turley Athletic Complex in women’s soccer on Tuesday night.

The Tritons (5-1-0) scored on their first shot of the night, just 1:01 from the half. After a Barry foul near the Triton bench, Taylor Tippett launched a cross into the penalty area, where Lauren Monce was unmarked and she slotted the ball home.

The Bucs had a golden chance to tie the game in the 88th minute, but Lauren Manna’s shot missed by inches.

Becca Rogers had four saves for the Bucs (4-3-0), while Morgan Cressent made seven for the Tritons.

After 22 straight regular season games with at least one goal, the Bucs have now been shutout in back-to-back games for the first time since October 24 and 28, 2009.

Both teams were somewhat shorthanded, as Ashley Harlan, a top defender for the Bucs, and Arie Anahory  and Michelle Spesshardt, the top two scorers for Eckerd, all missed the contest.

The Buccaneers return home to face arch-rival Lynn on Saturday, Sept. 28 at 7:00 pm.

                          Soccer Game Summary (Final)
                          2013 Barry University Soccer
                Barry vs Eckerd (09/24/13 at St. Petersburg, FL)

 Barry (4-3-0) vs. Eckerd (5-1-0)
 Date: 09/24/13      Attendance: 55
 Weather: drizzly

 Goals by period       1  2  Tot
 Barry.........................  0  0 -  0
 Eckerd.....................  1  0 -  1

  1.  43:56 ECW Lauren Monce (Taylor Tippett)

 Shots: Barry 16, Eckerd 7
 Saves: Barry 4 (Becca Rogers 4), Eckerd 7 (Morgan Crescent 7)


Oh oh ....

We are sorry but it appears that JavaScript is disabled on your browser.
Our site is very interactive and it requires JavaScript to be enabled.
Click on the link below for instructions on how to enable JavaScript on your browser.

Enable JavaScript on your browser