As a part of Disability Awareness Month, the Office of Disability Services would like to present their fourth quiz for Disability Awareness Month. The first quiz with the most accurately answered questions wins a prize and everyone is eligible! Send all answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Nov. 2, 2012.
In addition, look throughout the university’s grounds for “fun facts” posted by ODS. These informative notes are all over campus and present interesting facts about various disabilities. (They could help you win the contest!)
Quiz # 5 – ADA Rules
Helpful Hint: There may be multiple correct answers for each question!
1) How many people with disabilities are there in the U.S.?
- 43 million
- 27 million
- 53 million
2) What does ADA stand for?
- American Dental Association
- American Democratic Alliance
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- American Diabetes Association
3) Who is protected by the ADA?
- Someone with a substantial limitation in a major life activity due to mental or physical impairment.
- Someone who had a disability in the past, but has now recovered.
- Someone who others treat as if they have a disability.
- Someone who associates with people with disabilities.
- All of the above
4) Which of these conditions are specifically not covered by the ADA?
- Mental Illness
- Illegal drug users who are not in recovery
5) Does the ADA require an individual with a disability to disclose his or her disability in order to get specific services or accommodations and is this information confidential?
6) Does the ADA require academic standards to be lowered to accommodate students with disabilities?
7) Does the ADA require the College to provide or pay for personal items such as hearing aids, computers, or wheelchairs for personal use?
8) In the United States, people with disabilities are approximately 4 times more likely to experience violence in their lives than people without disabilities. This holds true for which types of violence?
- Emotional abuse and physical abuse, including domestic violence
- Sexual abuse, including sexual assault and rape
- Disability specific abuse, such as the withholding of medications, transportation, assistive devices, or essential help with personal tasks such as dressing or getting out of bed.
- All of the above
We hope you had fun with our quiz. Good luck! Don’t forget to email your answers to email@example.com.