Welcome to the Student Health Center
The purpose and mission of the Barry University Student Health Center is to provide access to quality health care to the student community by encouraging healthy lifestyles through community collaboration, health promotion, disease prevention, education, and mentorship. The staff respects diversity and is committed to excellent, affordable, confidential, and compassionate services that enhance students learning experience in matters of personal health and well being.
Beginning in the Fall 2013 Barry University’s policy requires that all students residing in any/all University provided housing will be automatically billed $85.00 per semester to their student account for the Student Health and Accident Plan, once in Fall and once in Spring. This plan replaces the supplemental insurance plan that was formally offered for $97 per semester. This plan is designed to provide comprehensive primary care at the SHC with little or no out of pocket expenses for all primary care services provided in the SHC. For those issues caused by an injury that requires advanced diagnostic services that the SHC cannot provide, the plan will provide coverage for visits to off-campus providers at 100% to a maximum of $2,500.00 per semester (Fall & Spring)
This plan can no longer be waived.
Placement on this plan does not eliminate the requirement for students to maintain a personal primary insurance plan or to complete the annual waiver for primary insurance on MyBarry. Primary Insurance waivers must be submitted no later than August 30, 2013. Submission of a waiver does not automatically mean you will not be required to purchase the primary student insurance. If the information you enter on the waiver is found to be untrue or if your coverage does not provide the specified level of coverage by the waiver, the SHC will notify you by email and you will be billed a non-refundable fee for one semester of primary insurance .
- Student Health Insurance Waiver – Barry University requires that all students residing in University provided housing or attending classes on an F1 or J1 visa are required to provide proof of insurance that meets the Affordable Care Act guidelines. Students who have a private insurance plan are required to complete an insurance waiver through MyBarry, which demonstrates the adequacy of their plan. If you meet the above criteria and opt not to enroll in the Student Insurance, you may do so on MyBarry www.barry.edu/mybarry. Waivers must be completed and submitted no later than August 30, 2013 for students beginning their studies in the Fall and January 14, 2014 for students beginning their studies in the Spring. A submission of a waiver does not guarantee that the waiver will be accepted. If the waiver fails to meet the standards of adequacy for insurance, you will be notified by email and billed for the one semester of the primary student insurance.
- Immunization and health requirements – All students residing in any/all university provided housing and/or international students attending Barry University on an F-1 or J-1 visa are required to provide the Student Health Center (SHC) with medically documented proof of: Adult tetanus vaccination within the past 10 years (Tdap preferred) ,Two measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccines (with the first dose at the age of 12 to 15 months or later and the second dose at age 4 to 6 years or later) or laboratory proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella and Meningitis vaccination within the past five years (required if living in campus housing) If your immunizations records are written in a foreign language please have them translated through a reputable translation service prior to submission to the SHC. http://www.barry.edu/health-services/required-health-information
- Student Health Center Insurance Policy – The 2013/2014 primary student insurance is being provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida. This plan is available to all full-time undergraduate students take 9 or more credits per semester and all graduate students take 4 or more credit hours regardless of the academic program you are enrolled in or the campus site you are attending. For more information, please go to www.aisstudentinsurance.com/barry.
- Flu Self-Triage
- Seasonal Flu
- Mobile Mammography information form
- Learn how to quit smoking today - http://www.becomeanex.org
Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Fax Number: 305-899-3751
Location: Landon Student Union 104
For evening and weekends, please contact security at 305-899-3333 for any on-campus emergencies.
If you have the Primary Blue Cross Blue Shield Student Insurance plan, The Nurseline2 is available 24/7 at 1-877-789-2583 for questions ranging from common symptoms and illnesses, children’s health, and allergies to diabetes, diagnostic testing, and heart conditions. Please go to www.Floridablue.com for more information or see the back section of your ID card.