Student Health Center Requirements
All students residing in University housing or all international students on an F1 or J1 visa are required to provide proof of insurance that meets the Affordable Care Act guidelines.
Health Insurance - Waiver
- August 30, 2013 (Fall 2013 Classes)
- January 14, 2014 (Spring 2014 Classes)
*A submission of a waiver does not guarantee that the waiver will be accepted. If the waiver fails to meet the standards of adequacy for insurance, you will be notified by email and billed for the one semester of the primary student insurance.
Required Health Form
- Fill out the Required Health Form
Consent for Medical Treatment
- Fill out the Consent for Medical Treatment Form
Specific Health requirements for your academic program
- If your academic program requires specific vaccinations or proof of insurance, please submit all information to your academic compliance personnel in addition to the Student Health Center. If you are not residing on campus and you are not an International student with an F1/J1 visa you do not need to submit vaccinations to the Student Health Center.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella): two doses required at least 28 days apart for students born after 1956 (with the first dose at the age of 12 to 15 months or later and the second dose at age 4 to 6 years or later)
- Tetanus-Diptheria-Pertussis: booster with Tdap after 2006
- Meningococcal (one dose of conjugate or polysaccharide) required for students in university housing only) booster must be received after the age of 16
- Hepatitis B: Three doses of vaccine or a positive hepatitis B surface antibody or completion of waiver
All students residing in University housing or International students with a F1 or J1 visa require:
- High School records
- Personal shot records (signed or stamped by a healthcare provider)
- Health Department or physician records
- Military documents or World Health Organization documents
- Previous college or university immunization records (these records do not automatically transfer, you must request a copy)
Download the Immunization Record form. Take to health care provider to be completed and signed. Send a copy of this immunization record form to the Student Health Center at least 2 weeks prior to registration or check in via fax 305-899-3751 or email to email@example.com.
Acceptable records of immunizations may be obtained from the following sources:
Please note: All paperwork must be received by the Student Health Center before your check-in date. Failure to provide documentation will require vaccinations prior to registration, and will delay the registration process. All financial responsibility for vaccinations will be the responsibility of the student. Fees for vaccinations will be deferred to the student account.
If your immunizations records are written in a foreign language please have them translated through a reputable translation service prior to submission to the SHC.
Please make duplicate copies of all records and information you send to the Student Health Center for your personal files.