Calendar of Events
Contact Us

Landon Student Union 104
P: 305.899.3750
F: 305.899.3751

Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Evenings & Weekends: Closed

Contact security at
305.899.3333 for any on-campus emergencies

Student Health Center Requirements

All students residing in University housing or all international students on an F1 or J1 visa are required to provide proof of insurance that meets the Affordable Care Act guidelines.

New Students

Health Insurance - Waiver

Deadline Dates

  • September 2, 2014 (Fall 2014 Classes)
  • January 19, 2015 (Spring 2015 Classes)

Students with a private insurance plan - Must complete insurance waiver through

*A submission of a waiver does not guarantee that the waiver will be accepted. If the waiver fails to meet the standards of adequacy for insurance, you will be notified by email and billed for the one semester of the primary student insurance.

Required Health Form

Consent for Medical Treatment

Specific Health requirements for your academic program

  • If your academic program requires specific vaccinations or proof of insurance, please submit all information to your academic compliance personnel in addition to the Student Health Center. If you are not residing on campus and you are not an International student with an F1/J1 visa you do not need to submit vaccinations to the Student Health Center.

Required Immunizations

All students residing in University housing or International students with a F1 or J1 visa require:

MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)

MMR / MEASLES, MUMPS, RUBELLA VACCINE – Required for EVERYONE born after December 31, 1956. This combination vaccine is given because it protects from Measles, Mumps and Rubella. Two doses are required for students residing in any/all University housing and/or attending classes on and F1 or J1 visa at Barry University. One must have been received at 12 months age or later the second dose must have been received at least 30 days after the first dose.
OR: Provide lab evidence of immunity by doing a blood test to check for antibodies for Measles, Mumps and Rubella. If you do a blood test, you need to provide the results on a lab form that should be faxed or mailed with the completed Mandatory Immunization Health History Form. ***NOTE: All titers must include a lab report.***

Hepatitis B

Hepatitis B is a serious viral liver infection, prevalent worldwide, that can lead to chronic liver disease and liver cancer. Anyone who comes in contact with the blood or other body fluids (semen, vaginal fluids and saliva) of an infected person is at risk for this disease. The virus can also be spread from mother to baby during pregnancy and delivery. You are encouraged to receive this 3 dose vaccine series. The hepatitis B vaccines are extremely safe and effective and can provide immunity against hepatitis B infection for adults at risk. Students in many academic health programs are required to have this vaccine. Students wishing to decline this vaccine must indicate their intent to waive on the Mandatory Immunization Health History Form. Signing the waiver indicates you understand the possible risk in not receiving this vaccine. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to decline this vaccine, a parent must sign for you.

MCV4 (Menactra/Menveo)-(Taken at age 16 or after)

Meningococcal Meningitis VACCINE– Meningococcal Meningitis is a severe form of bacterial meningitis that causes an infection of the brain and spinal cord. This bacterial infection, though rare, may cause severe neurological impairment, partial extremity amputations or even death (10-15 % mortality rate). Barry University requires that all students residing in any/all University housing receive the MCV4 vaccine at age 16 or after.

Tdap (Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis) AND/OR Td (Tetanus/Diptheria)

One dose of Tdap vaccine is required (beginning in 2005 or after) and must be documented. Td-Booster (required every 10 years).

Recommended Immunizations for Good Health

Varicella (Chickenpox)

Varicella (Chickenpox) – Provide proof of two doses of Varivax. OR: Provide results of a blood test on a lab form verifying immunity to Chickenpox/Varicella. ***NOTE: All titers must include a lab report.*** Students in many academic health programs are required to provide proof of these vaccines and/or titer.

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis A, HPV, Polio, Other – In the boxes provided in this section you may also list any additional vaccines that were administered. These are not required.

HPV (Gardasil or Cervarix)

Polio (last date)

Tuberculosis Screening: TB Skin Test by PPD (Mantoux)

Tuberculosis Screening: A Tuberculosis Skin Test by PPD or Mantoux (within the last year) is required for students in many academic health programs.

Chest X-ray (if positive PPD or lab)

Current Students

Immunization History Record

  • To retrieve your current Immunization History Record, please log onto
  • Scroll down to the Communication section and click on the first item "Immunization History Form"
  • Check the “Generate Face Sheet” box and click Submit

If you would like your Immunization History Record officially stamped, please visit the Student Health Center in Landon 104.

Download the Immunization Record form. Take to health care provider to be completed and signed. Send a copy of this immunization record form to the Student Health Center at least 2 weeks prior to registration or check in via fax 305-899-3751 or email to

Acceptable records of immunizations may be obtained from the following sources:

  • High School records
  • Personal shot records (signed or stamped by a healthcare provider)
  • Health Department or physician records
  • Military documents or World Health Organization documents
  • Previous college or university immunization records (these records do not automatically transfer, you must request a copy)

Please note: All paperwork must be received by the Student Health Center before your check-in date. Failure to provide documentation will require vaccinations prior to registration, and will delay the registration process.

All financial responsibility for vaccinations will be the responsibility of the student. Fees for vaccinations will be deferred to the student account.

If your immunizations records are written in a foreign language please have them translated through a reputable translation service prior to submission to the SHC.

Please make duplicate copies of all records and information you send to the Student Health Center for your personal files.

Oh oh ....

We are sorry but it appears that JavaScript is disabled on your browser.
Our site is very interactive and it requires JavaScript to be enabled.
Click on the link below for instructions on how to enable JavaScript on your browser.

Enable JavaScript on your browser