Services provided are available to all fulltime registered students.
Services provided at the Student Health Center:
- Assessment of injury or illness by a registered nurse
- Evaluation and treatment by a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner* (APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED FOR WELL VISITS)
- Referral to appropriate community resources (the student will assume financial responsibility for these services)
- Select non-prescriptive medications
- Limited in-house prescriptive medications*
- Local pharmacy delivery service **
- Select immunizations*
- Student Health Insurance Plan **
- Insurance consultation
*These services are "fee for service". Fees will be billed directly to the university sponsored student insurance plan or will be deferred to the students account.
** These services are independently billed from the retailer and insurance company. Insurance premium may be deferred to the students account during the open enrollment period.
Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm
Operational hours may vary, depending on students' needs.
Contact security at 305-899-3333 for any on-campus emergencies.
Services NOT Provided:
- X-rays and other sophisticated diagnostic testing
- Specialty physician care
- Dental care
- Vision Care
- Emergency care after-hours Overnight infirmary services
- Student transportation
All medical records are strictly confidential. Only a signed form by a student (18 years or older) or parent/guardian (for students under 18) may allow a release of medical information.
Students are encouraged to discuss their questions and suggestions regarding medical care with the staff at the Student Health Center. Your participation and involvement is important in helping us meet the needs of students. You are encouraged to join the Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC).