Human Resource Development (MS)
Take Your Workforce Development Skills To The Next Level With MSHRD
Develop. Coach. Lead.
The Master of Science in Human Resource Development (MSHRD) is for those who want to acquire expertise in developing and enhancing individual and organizational learning, talent, and leadership capabilities. HRD professionals are skilled at improving workplace performance through identifying performance gaps and designing strategic evidence-based solutions to improve individual, team, and organizational performance.
Who is this program for?
MSHRD prepares you to become champions of workforce development and to lead in the areas of learning and development, talent development, organization development, leadership development, diversity and inclusion, and HR.
- MSHRD provides you with the skills necessary to effectively develop people in the context of work to drive individual, team, and organizational performance improvement initiatives within both public and private sectors.
- You will be prepared to design, develop, implement, and evaluate evidence-based learning, talent, performance management, and organization development solutions in a variety of organizational contexts.
- MSHRD is based on competency models put forth by leading professional organizations such as Association for Talent Development and Society for Human Resource Management. You will be exposed to unique competencies that are not developed in traditional HRM programs, including:
- creating, implementing, and managing learning programs
- facilitating and delivering training
- designing e-learning
- formulating talent and career development strategies
- managing organizational change
- promoting workplace inclusion and diversity
- managing workplace performance
- leading teams
We offer a fully online version of the program for students who prefer online learning and/or are not local. All our online courses include live interactive sessions with the instructor and peers.
- Evening classes allow flexibility for students with full-time jobs.
- You can start the program in the spring or fall semester.
- The program is run in 8-week terms over three academic semesters.
- You can complete the program in 15 months.
- You can complete the program face to face or fully online.
Our curriculum allows you to apply learning immediately to impact your workplace. Learn with scholar-practitioner faculty through project-based learning. The program's coursework integrates research with real-world experiences and has a strong skill-building focus. At the core of our curriculum is the focus on learning as the vehicle to strategic long-term individual and organizational performance improvement.
HRD 644 HRD Theory and Practice
HRD 645 Communication in HRD
HRD 646 Change and Organization Development
HRD 647 Digital Design for E-Learning
HRD 659 Adult Learning and Motivation
EDR 601 Methodology of Research
HRD 678 Practicum in HRD
HRD 679 HRD Internship (waived for HRD professional)
HRD 648 Team Dynamics
HRD 652 Diversity in the Workplace
HRD 653 Career Development and Life/Work Planning
HRD 667 Presentation Principles, Methods and Techniques
HRD 669 Foundations of Organizational Consulting
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Seminars
We offer 9-week SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification programs that will prepare you for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Exams. Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field—and a valuable asset to your organization. Along with your graduate degree in Human Resource Development, this professional distinction definitely sets you apart.