Career Services Office
Vision Statement: We seek to foster individual career development and to empower students and alumni to continually explore, prepare for, and pursue career paths that align with intellectual, personal, ethical, spiritual, ecological and social responsibilities.
Mission Statement: The Career Services Office (“CSO”) supports the Barry University School of Law’s mission by facilitating connections between students, alumni and employers that support the pursuit of fulfilling career paths.
Core Values & Expectations:
The CSO strives to:
- Cultivate relationships with students to support their individual development during the law school experience and after graduation.
- Serve the needs of all students, regardless of full-time or part-time enrollment status, or race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran or disability status.
- Support student professionalism and self-accountability by encouraging personal reflection, leadership development, reputation awareness, and community involvement.
- Offer a variety of pertinent programs, advisement, guidance, and coaching as well as provide access to innovative resources, data, and tools for full-spectrum career planning.
- Inform students of meaningful opportunities to supplement their education through practical experience relevant to a law degree.
- Cultivate relationships with area employers and seek opportunities for students and alumni.
- Collaborate with administration, faculty, and staff to provide services in a comprehensive, beneficial, and efficient manner.
- Maintain relationships with personnel at other law schools to advance staff knowledge.
- Conduct customary assessment of programs, events, and services in order to best meet the needs of students and alumni.