The following criteria are used in selecting trainees:
- Majors in biology, chemistry, psychology, computer science and mathematics.
- Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above.
- Determination to enter graduate programs leading to a PhD in a biomedical or behavioral science, or combined professional/PhD degree.
- Strong letters of recommendation from science faculty (3 required).
- Will complete the BS degree in 2 years from start of program.
- Compliance with the national goals of the NIH MARC U*STAR Program (www.nigms.nih.gov/minority/marc.html).