Welcome to the ROADS Research Club at Barry University
- The Research Opportunities and Directions in Science (ROADS) Research club is for Barry undergraduates interested in getting exposure to research in the sciences.
- ROADS is open to all freshmen and sophomores who major in biology, chemistry, psychology, mathematics, and computer science. Non-majors in these areas are also welcome.
- Help you learn about research opportunities at Barry and research careers beyond.
- Give you valuable hands-on research experience.
When, Where & What
Our weekly meetings will include data collection, discussions and presentations about research opportunities at Barry and beyond, and guest speakers. Meetings will be held on Mondays at 4:00pm in room NHS 205.
By the end of the Fall semester we will submit an abstract to the Florida Academy of Sciences where we will present our research in March 2013. Last year four ROADS members travelled to USF in Tampa to present an oral talk and a poster.
We will continue our research into the Spring and present more results at Barry's STEM Symposium.
- Our first meeting of 2012-13 will be Monday, September 10, 2012 at 4:00pm in room NHS 205.
- Former ROADS Club Members Daniela Mendoza and Aaron Mohammed are now RISE Students.
- 4 Apr 2012 - ROADS presented a poster at Barry's 4th Annual S.T.E.M. Research Symposium.
- 16 Mar 2012 - ROADS students presented an oral and poster presentation at the 2012 Florida Academy of Sciences Annual Meeting in Tampa, FL.