Welcome to the ROADS Research Club at Barry University
- The Research Opportunities and Directions in Science (ROADS) Research club is for Barry undergraduates interested in getting exposure to research in the sciences.
- ROADS is open to all freshmen and sophomores who major in biology, chemistry, psychology, mathematics, and computer science. Non-majors in these areas are also welcome.
- Help you learn about research opportunities at Barry and research careers beyond.
- Give you valuable hands-on research experience.
When, Where & What
Our weekly meetings will include data collection, discussions and presentations about research opportunities at Barry and beyond, and guest speakers. Meetings will be held on Mondays at 5:00pm in room NHS 205.
By the end of the Fall semester we will submit an abstract to the Florida Academy of Sciences where we will present our research in March 2013. Last year four ROADS members travelled to USF in Tampa to present an oral talk and a poster.
We will continue our research into the Spring and present more results at Barry's STEM Symposium.
- Our first meeting of 2012-13 will be Monday, September 10, 2012 at 4:00pm in room NHS 205.
ROADS Club Member Peter Rodriquez was accepted into Harvard University’s summer internship program.
27 Mar 2013 – ROADS presented a poster at Barry’s 5th Annual S.T.E.M. Research Symposium.
8 Mar 2013 – ROADS student Shankira Bowe presented an oral presentation at the 77th Annual Florida Academy of Sciences Meeting in Miami, FL.
22 Feb 2013 – ROADS students presented a poster presentation at the 3rd Annual Florida Undergraduate Research Conference in Gainesville, FL.