Congratulations on your acceptance to Barry University!
Barry University is excited that you will be joining our community for your college experience. In order to ensure a smooth transition from your home to college life, we have made it mandatory for freshmen and international studentsto attend our New Student Orientation. Transfer studentsmust attend if they have fewer than 30 college credits. However, for those transfers that have more than 30 credits, it is optional to attend orientation.
College is one of the most exciting and rewarding times of your life. That is why we want to help you along your path to success in the very beginning. By attending orientation, you will be able to finalize all the important steps needed prior to your arrival in the fall. Be among the first new students to register for fall classes, meet with your academic advisor, order your books, pick up your college ID, get a close look at the residence halls, meet your classmates, and begin lifelong friendships. When it is time to move in, you can rest assured that you have taken all the necessary steps prior to the first day of class.
New Student Orientation ( Fall 2015 Starting Semester )
Before registering, you must pay your enrollment deposit.
- June 23, 2015 - Transfer Students Only (7AM-6PM)
- June 25-26, 2015 - Freshmen Students Only (7AM-6PM)
- June 29, 2015 - Transfer Students Only (7AM-6PM)
- June 29-30, 2015 - Freshmen Students Only (7AM-6PM)
Early Placement Testing Dates (Local Students ONLY)
- June 2 (1PM-4PM)
- June 4 (9AM-1PM)
- June 5 (11AM-3PM)
- June 8 (1PM-4PM)
- June 10 (9AM-1PM)
- June 12 (9AM-1PM)
- June 15 (9AM-1PM)
- June 16 (9AM-1PM)
- June 17 (1PM-4PM)
- June 18 (1PM-4PM)
Required Paperwork for Orientation
When you arrive at orientation, please ensure you have the following medical forms filled out:
For a list of what else to bring, please use the Orientation Checklist.
Have More Questions?
- Where do students stay during Orientation?
- What should I bring with me to Orientation?
- What activities will be going on for those 2-3 days?
- Can my family attend Orientation also?
- What paperwork should be done prior to coming on campus?
- What do International Students need to bring to Orientation?