WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.—The Barry men’s tennis team defeated the Palm Beach Atlantic Sailfish 7-2 at Gaines Park on Thursday.
The Buccaneers started things of by taking two of the three doubles matches. At the top of the doubles lineup, Marco Mokrzycki and Max Wimmer fell to the Sailfish pair of Krasimir Atanasov and Luke Bolanos 9-8 (7-3).
The number two Barry doubles team of Emanuel Fraitzl and Sergio Velez avenged the loss at the top with a 8-5 win over Frankie Moulton and Tyler Dealy. In the final doubles pair, Simon Raagaard and Jakub Fejfar threw the shutout against Alex Minicozzi and Nick Hines with an 8-0 throttling.
Singles play saw similar results as double with the Bucs only dropping one match. #13 Mokrzycki again lost in a tie breaker at the top of the lineup with 5-7, 6-3, 10-4 loss to #28 Atanasov.
Wimmer only gave up two games the entire match against Minicozzi with a 6-1, 6-1 win at number two singles. The win gives Wimmer a team-leading 13 wins on the season. Playing at number three singles, #30 Fraitzl made short order of Bolanos with a 6-2, 6-3 win.
To remain undefeated and move to 6-0 on the season, Raagaard moved up to number four, his highest position of the season, and downed Tyler Dealy by a score of 6-2, 6-2.
At number five singles, Fejfar took a close win in his first set then stormed back in set number two to win the match against Frankie Moulton 7-6 (7-1), 6-1.
Rounding out singles, senior David Barragan needs only two sets to defeat Palm Beach’s Nick Hines 6-2, 6-2.
The final regular season match of the year is next for the Buccaneers on Friday, Apr. 9 at 2:00 pm at the Buccaneer Tennis Center as Barry hosts Northwood (Fla.).
Tennis Match Results
Barry vs Palm Beach Atlantic
04/08/10 at West Palm Beach, Fla.
#5 Barry 7, #43 Palm Beach Atlantic 2
1. #28 Krasimir Atanasov (PBAM) def. #13 Marco Mokrzycki (BUM) 5-7, 6-3, 10-4
2. Max Wimmer (BUM) def. Alex Minicozzi (PBAM) 6-1, 6-1
3. #30 Emanuel Fraitzl (BUM) def. Luke Bolanos (PBAM) 6-2, 6-3
4. Simon Raagaard (BUM) def. Tyler Dealy (PBAM) 6-2, 6-2
5. Jakub Fejfar (BUM) def. Frankie Moulton (PBAM) 7-6 (7-1), 6-1
6. David Barragan (BUM) def. Nick Hines (PBAM) 6-2, 6-2
1. Krasimir Atanasov/Luke Bolanos (PBAM) def. Marco Mokrzycki/Max Wimmer (BUM) 9-8 (7-3)
2. Emanuel Fraitzl/Sergio Velez (BUM) def. Frankie Moulton/Tyler Dealy (PBAM) 8-5
3. Simon Raagaard/Jakub Fejfar (BUM) def. Alex Minicozzi/Nick Hines (PBAM) 8-0
Barry 14-4; National ranking #5
Palm Beach Atlantic 8-6; National ranking #43
No Need for a Fish Tale for Men's Tennis
Posted On : April 08, 2010