In order to be awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in cardiovascular perfusion, you must:
- Satisfactorily complete all program coursework and clinical rotations.
- Maintain a minimum C average for all courses, and an overall GPA of 2.5.
- Perform a minimum of 75 satisfactory adult clinical bypass procedures and perform or observe a minimum of 10 pediatric clinical bypass procedures.
- Maintain a student membership in the American Society of Extra-Corporeal Technology (AmSECT) and the Florida Perfusion Society (FPS).
- Satisfactorily complete a final written and clinical simulation examination.
- Have a current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Provide proof of medical insurance and a physical examination prior to matriculation.
- Provide proof of current immunizations to include annual tuberculosis screening (PPD), diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine (DTaP) within last 10 years, measles-mumps-rubella (MMRx2) vaccine, and hepatitis B vaccination series, Trivalent Oral Polio Vaccine (TOPV), varicella, and a flu shot must be presented before the student will be allowed to progress to the clinical rotations.
- Affirm and attest that you are free of addiction to substances of abuse and are willing to adhere to Drug-Free Workplace policies and procedures of affiliate clinical training sites, to include submission to randomized drug testing and/or testing for cause and upon program demand.