Division of Business Development and Operations
The Division of Business Development and Operations has administrative oversight for university operations and auxiliary services, on- and off-campus facilities utilization and the buying, selling and/or leasing of institutional/residential properties. Additionally, the Division focuses on entrepreneurial and business opportunities within the various communities in which Barry University operates.
The Division supports the University's mission by developing and providing to the campus and extended communities innovative services and strategic business partnerships that improve value and enhance the overall experience of Barry students, faculty and staff. Further, customer responsive leadership of operational areas allows for campus-wide operating policies and procedures that ensure efficient and cost-effective products and services that meet the changing needs of customers. Staff members of the Division are charged with successfully managing University resources while offering the highest levels of quality, value, innovation, and excellence in the products and services provided.
Functions of the Division comprise:
- Administrative provision and supervision of Auxiliary Services (dining, vending, bookstore and language center;) the Student Union facilities, including University ID services; and the Public Safety Department, including parking services.
- Development/formation/structuring of affiliations and new business ventures
- Development/reorganization of designated programs, services and/or operating structures
- Property leasing, acquisition and sales
- Initiation and management of large renovation and new building projects
Each department and functional area within the division is focused on continuously improving the quality of programs and services offered to meet the needs and expectations of members of both the campus and extended communities, thereby aiding the University in achievement of its overall mission of maintaining excellence in providing a transformative Catholic education.