The Certificate in Liturgical Studies requires a minimum of 15 credit hours (5 courses), which includes two (2) core liturgical/sacramental courses plus three (3) electives from the liturgical/sacramental curriculum.
- THE 639G/639 Foundations of Liturgy 3
- THE 642G/642 Sacramental Theology 3
- THE 641G/641 Liturgical Time and Prayer 3
- THE 643G/643 Rites of Christian Initiation 3
- THE 668G/668 Psalms in Worship 3
- THE 709G/709 Special Topics in Liturgy 3
- THE 718G/718 Liturgy and Preaching in Latino Congregations 3
Students studying for the degrees of Doctor of Ministry or Master of Arts in Practical Theology and Ministry may also pursue a Concentration in Liturgical Studies within their degree programs.
The Doctor of Ministry with a Concentration in Liturgical Studies provides the student with an opportunity for advanced theological study and examination of particular ministerial practice. The Liturgical Studies Concentration requires five courses from the sacramental/liturgical curriculum, including the two core courses (THE 639 and THE 642) and three electives.
The Master of Arts in Practical Theology and Ministry with a Concentration in Liturgical Studies requires that students complete a total of four courses from the liturgical/sacramental curriculum, including the two core courses (THE 639 and THE 642) and two electives.