1. Complete an online undergraduate application by creating a myBarry account. Applying online is highly encouraged because it expedites the admission process.
2. Submit official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary institutions. International credentials from an educational system other than the United States must be evaluated by a foreign credential evaluator who is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
The following credential evaluation services are very familiar with Barry University’s international requirements:
Incomplete transcripts must be updated with final official transcripts as soon as all coursework is completed.
3. If applicable, submit final end of schooling testing results, such as the Caribbean Examination Council (CXC).
4. International applicants who do not give evidence of being native English speakers are required to provide test scores from one of the English language proficiency tests accepted by Barry University:
English Proficiency Tests Accepted by Barry University
May be admitted to Barry University and enrolled in undergraduate-level academic classes:
- TOEFL internet-based: 61
- TOEFL paper based: 500
- IELTS: 6.0
- Duolingo English Test: 85
- PTE Academic Score: 44
Must improve English proficiency before being admitted into a undergraduate-level program in Barry University:
- TOEFL internet-based: 60 or below
- TOEFL paper based: 499 or below
- IELTS: 5.9 or below
- Duolingo English Test: 84 or below
- PTE Academic Score: 43 or below
Consideration may be given to waiving the English proficiency testing requirement for an international freshman applicant who presents a composite SAT or ACT test score (English version) which meets the admission standard and also reflects a verbal score that demonstrates English proficiency.
Intensive English instruction is offered at Barry University through the ELS Language Center. Students who complete Master's level 112 at the ELS Language Center are not required to sit for the TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test, or PTE Academic examinations. Students who wish to study in the ELS Language Center prior to applying for an academic program should visit:
ELS Language Center
c/o Barry University
11300 NE 2nd Ave.
Miami Shores, FL 33161
5. Submit official translations of all documents and educational credentials if they are not in English. Barry University requires that all documents be evaluated and/or translated by companies that are members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For a complete list of accepted evaluation services, please visit: www.naces.org
Although you may use any NACES member agency, these two agencies provide a specific application designed for Barry students:
6. We invite you to contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to set up a visit to Barry University.