Financing Your Education Made Simple

Student Accounts

Student Accounts Information

By choosing to pursue your degree at Barry, you are making a valuable investment in your future. Our staff is available to guide you through the processes of payment financing your degree for a seamless experience so that you can focus on your education. Visit our office on the Main Campus in Farrell Hall for in-person support or read through these important points and our FAQs to locate the information you need to make sure your accounts are in order. Whether you need help determining loan eligibility or simply balancing your account, we are here to help.  

Contact Information

Location: Farrell Hall
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM
NOTE: Barry University does not provide tax advice

Phone: 305-899-3030
Collections: 305-899-3640

Tuition and Fees

Your Barry education is a valuable investment in your future. When considering private education, costs may be a factor, but they need not be the determining factor. Your Barry education can be quite affordable.

We invite you to review our tuition and fee schedule by clicking the link below. You should also check with staff in Barry's Offices of Financial Aid and the Student Accounts. They are here to help you and your family by providing guidance in financial planning and financial assistance.

View Tuition and Fees Registration Terms And Conditions

Payment Options

  • To view your account balance and make payment, go to

    ** For credit/debit card payments a convenience fee of 2.25% of the transaction amount will be assessed to the cardholder account. ACH transactions are Fee-Free. **

  • There is an automated phone service provided by Barry University and ACI Worldwide that will allow a credit card or checking account payment to be processed over the phone. The payer will need to know the dollar amount and student ID number prior to using this service. Payments are processed that day and will take up to 48 business hours to be applied to the student account.

    The toll-free number is 1-866-895-5003.

    ** For credit/debit card payments a convenience fee of 2.25% of the transaction amount will be assessed to the cardholder account. ACH transactions are Fee-Free. **

  • Payments can be made in person to any of the cashiers/customer service representatives at Student Accounts (located on the main Miami Shores campus, Farrell Hall, Room 110). Our hours of operation are:

    Monday to Thursday 8:30AM to 5:00PM
    Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM

    ** For credit/debit card payments a convenience fee of 2.25% of the transaction amount will be assessed to the cardholder account. **

  • Checks or US money orders payments can be mailed to Student Accounts at the address below:

    Student Accounts
    11300 NE 2nd Avenue
    Miami Shores, FL 33161-6628

    Make all checks or US money orders payable to Barry University, Inc.. To ensure that your payment is processed to the correct account, please enclose your student ID or Social Security Number on any payment you submit to us. Post-dated checks are not accepted.

  • Your tuition and fees may be completely or partially covered by your Financial Aid award. You are responsible for any remaining balance. Please also note the College Work Study program cannot be considered as credit toward your charges. Parent loans and alternative loans will not be considered as credit toward your charges until they are approved. You can check the status of your Financial Aid award through WebAdvisor for Students or by calling Financial Aid (305-899-3673 option# 2).

  • In order to defer the payment of your tuition to the end of the semester you must submit to Student Accounts, within the first two weeks of the semester, an official letter from your employer on company letterhead. This document is required each semester and must state your eligibility for reimbursement and the conditions under which your company will pay your tuition and fees. The letter must include your company's policy regarding the percentage of your semester's costs they are willing to pay, the grade required for reimbursement, as well as the calendar period it covers. Additionally, you must complete a deferred payment plan form with Student Accounts. Be aware that whenever payment of your tuition is not made in full at the time of registration, but deferred to a future date, there is a mandatory deferment fee of $150.00. Also, please be aware that this fee is non-refundable. Please call Student Accounts at 305-899-3585 for further information regarding corporate payment plans.

  • Once you are registered for the term you will have the ability to sign up for a payment plan

    • Easy Online Enrollment
    • College Expenses paid overtime
    • Payments electronically processed on the due dates
    • No Interest
    • Students can assign users to make payments
    • Multiple payments versus one lump sum
    • Meet payment due dates
    • Avoid a late fee

    Re-enrollment is required each semester.

    Read More

  • The Florida Prepaid College Plan is a program through which families prepay for their child’s education at a guaranteed fixed rate. It is guaranteed by the State of Florida. This program began in 1988 and is the largest Prepaid tuition plan in the country.

    Read More

  • Barry University has teamed up with flywire to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international wires for tuition payments. It's fast, simple and cost effective from any country anytime.

    • Saves money: Using flywire will save you hundreds of dollars on each tuition payment vs. traditional bank wires.
    • Quick: No more waiting and wondering if your payment has posted to your account. flywire will keep you and Barry University informed along the way.
    • Simple: no more back-and-forth with the school and the bank trying to get all the information you need to make a wire payment.

    Learn More about Flywire

Refunds / Overpayments

Student Accounts has automated the process of issuing refund checks. All credit balances generated by financial aid will be automatically issued and mailed to your preferred address in the Registrar's system.

Please make sure that your address is correct with the office of the Registrar to ensure that you receive your checks.

Learn More

Registration Requirements For Loan Eligibility

To qualify for loans, you must meet the following minimum (half-time) registration requirements:

  • Undergraduate students = 6 credits or more
  • Graduate students = 4 credits or more
  • ANE students = 3 credits or more
  • Doctoral students = 1 credit or more (Education and Social Work doctoral students: 1 credit = half-time; Nursing doctoral students: 3 credits = half-time).

If at any time your credit hours drop below the half-time status, your financial aid loans will be sent back to the lender(s).

Generally, financial aid funds (loans, scholarships, grants) are not disbursed to your student account until after the add-drop period of classes. As a rule of thumb, loans are the first aids to arrive while scholarships and grants trickle in gradually as the semester progresses. You can request a refund of any excess financial aid only after the funds are physically in your account and all charges and fees have been deducted. For more information regarding refund checks please go to Refunds and Overpayments page.

Withdraws & Drops

  • A student who registers but does not attend class(es), or who stops attending class(es) for any reason after the semester has begun, will not be credited back for his/her tuition charges unless officially withdrawn from the university. Several steps must be taken for an official withdrawal:

    1. You must submit a written notice of withdrawal to the office of the Dean of your respective school.
    2. Complete a withdrawal form with your academic advisor (NOTE: only your academic advisor can officially register you for a class; similarly, only he/she can officially remove you from that class).
    3. If you are receiving financial aid, you must obtain the signature of Financial Aid.
    4. Finally, the Registrar's office must enter the withdrawal into the system and sign the form indicating the completion of the process.
    5. If you live on campus, you must complete a Housing Release Form online through your MyHousing account.

    NOTE: Tuition and room on board costs will be credited according to the following refund schedule. To receive a full credit back for all charges, your withdrawal paperwork must be entered by the Registrar's Office before the day your classes begin. Anything, thereafter can be subject to partial or no credit back.

    Read More about Eligibility for Refund.

  • Students who wish to change their registration status after the first three days of class must complete a Withdrawal Form or notify, in writing, their academic advisor/director. Students are also expected to contact the faculty member teaching the course from which they intend to withdraw.

    There is no refund when withdrawing from a course. An unauthorized withdrawal will result in a final grade of "F". Students must withdraw before the final four (4) weeks of class. The effective date of the withdrawal will be the date of formal notification to the Dean of your respected school.

  • Students who wish to change their registration status before the semester begins or during the first three days of class, must contact their academic advisor to complete and sign a Registration Adjustment Form. This form must be turned in to the Office of the Registrar.

    Eligibility for refund after dropping a course: 

    • Prior to the beginning of classes: 100%
    • Through the first three days of classes: 80%
    • After the third day of classes: No Credit

    The above percentages apply to tuition only. Lab and academic fees are NOT refundable.

Past Due Accounts

If a student's account is left unpaid and therefore becomes delinquent, the account will be referred to a collection agency, attorney, or both. In such an event, the student agrees to reimburse the fees of any collection agency, which may be based on a percentage at a minimum of 33 1/3% of the debt, and all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees that the university incurs in such collection efforts.

Read More

Transcript/Diploma Requests

Please understand that you are fully responsible for payment of all tuition, fees and other chargers.

Consequently, no student will receive a diploma, official or unofficial transcript of credits, or official letters of degree completion until all his/her financial obligations, including any collection and/or attorney fees, to the University are paid in full. 

Any and all payment plans or deferred amounts need to be paid in full prior to release of diploma, transcript, or official letter. Credit card payments are the fastest ways to clear your account and thereby ensure the rapid release of the above items. Payments made by local checks or E-checks (ACH bank transactions) require 10 business days and out-of-state checks require 15 business days to clear the bank before your diploma/transcript/letter will be released by the University.

For Transcript Request

Flex Accounts

Flexible Dollars Around Campus!

  • "FlexBucs" refers to a line of credit. Upon your request, funds can be placed on your Barry ID card, which can be used around campus as a debit card. This service is available to both resident and commuter students. Specifically, you can use your Flex account dollars at:

    • The Barry Bookstore - to purchase books and other supplies
    • Dining Services -
      Roussell Dining Hall, Subway, Chick-n-Grill, Outtakes, We Proudly Brew [Buc Stop Café @Thompson Hall], (Chopp'd, Wrap'd & Roll’d), Juiceblendz, Outtakes [Dominican Hall], Bucky's Cove and Le Café International
    • Business Center

    To qualify for "flexible dollars", you must be currently registered for the semester and have in your possession a valid student ID card.

    There are two ways of placing money on to your Flex account:

    • Any excess of financial aid (i.e. loans, grants, scholarships), after the cost of your tuition and fees are covered, can be placed, at your request, on to your card.


    • At any time during the semester, payments can be made directly to your student account, and then transferred to your ID card. These payments can be done at any time, as often as needed, and for any dollar amount that fits your needs.
  • To check your Flex account's balance or retrieve your unused funds, check your MyBarry account or call the Student Union office at 305-899-4900, (this number is located on the back of your student ID card). They will forward your remaining money back to your main student account (with Student Accounts) and you can then request a refund of this credit if this creates a credit balance on the student account. 

  • Please be aware that when pending financial aid, (your loan(s), grant(s) and scholarship(s), is used toward Flex dollars, the maximum dollar amount that can be granted each term is $800.00. In those isolated circumstances when additional funds are to be approved, an itemized list or invoice from our Follett book store must be presented to Student Accounts. The list/invoice must chronicle the additional books, supplies and/or equipment still needed, along with the total cost of those supplementary item(s) and any assessed tax and fees associated with your purchases. 

Corporate Reimbursement Deferment

In order to defer payment of your tuition to the end of the semester (specifically, until four weeks after the last day of class), you must submit to Student Accounts within the first two weeks of the semester, an official letter from your employer on company stationery. This document is required each semester and must state your eligibility for reimbursement. It must also include the conditions under which your company will pay your tuition and fees (percentage of your tuition charges they are willing to pay, the grade required for reimbursement, and the calendar period it covers).

Additionally, you must complete a deferred payment plan form the Student Accounts to finalize the postponement of your tuition payment to the end of the semester. Be aware that whenever you do not pay your tuition and fees at the time of registration and choose instead to defer payment of your charges to a future date, there is a mandatory, non-refundable deferment fee of $150.00 that will be assessed each semester. Moreover, payment becomes due immediately upon course withdrawal or course failure.

Please call Student Accounts at 305-899-3585 for further information regarding our corporate payment schedules.


  • No official academic documents (diplomas, transcripts, or letters of degree completions) will be released to students who have not paid off their payment plans (cash or credit/ debit VISA, AMEX, MC, DISCOVER).
  • Student's whose accounts have, at anytime, lapsed into collections, forfeits all eligibility of participating in future corporate reimbursements.


Employers who offer corporate reimbursement will require an invoice of your semester's charges in order to issue your reimbursement check at the end of each semester. Invoices are obtained through Student Accounts.

You can contact us at (305) 899-3585 or to place a request for this documentation. Invoices are processed in the order in which they were received. Generally, the processing time is 4 to 5 business days and may take slightly longer during high volume periods of requests.

Registration Statement

After registering for your classes, the Office of the Registrar will hand you a printout of your class schedule.  Registration statements are also mailed out on a daily basis.  The registration statement will list all your classes, the number of credits each class carries, along with the instructor’s name, location, start time and meeting days for each class.

With this documentation you may go to Landon Hall to obtain your Barry ID, parking decals and purchase your textbooks and supplies for the semester.

View Class Schedule on WebAdvisor

FT-1 Forms

Attention Barry University's students currently employed by the Miami-Dade County Public School system: "FT-1 forms" are required by the County for each semester you wish to be reimbursed for your tuition charges. This official documentation (of enrolment and full payment of your tuition only) is obtainable through Student Accounts. You can contact us at (305) 899-3585 or to place a request for this documentation.

The student account must be in current standing, all check payments must be cleared, and classes for the term(s) requested must be graded prior to submitting a request. Otherwise, the request will be voided. Be aware that these forms are processed in the order in which the request was submitted to us. Consequently, during high demand periods of the semester, you can expect a wait of 5 to 10 business days before your FT-1 form will be mailed to you.

Student Accounts Frequently Asked Questions

  • In compliance with Federal regulations, the University must obtain the voluntary permission from the student (or parent if a Parent PLUS loan) to apply Federal Student Aid to pay charges related to a prior term or charges other than tuition, fees and room & board on the student account.

  • Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford loans, PLUS loans, Perkins loans, Pell Grants, SEOG, TEACH Grant and any other federal aid. The University does not need authorization to apply funds from a private loan to any charges incurred.

  • Yes. By allowing permission any excess federal aid could be applied to a prior term or other charges such as Health Insurance or ID charges. More importantly, this will help prevent an "account hold" due to unpaid charges, which could block registering for future terms or receiving official documents such as transcripts or diplomas.

  • No. once you give permission it remains in affect while you are enrolled at the University. Permission may be rescinded at any time.

  • You can login to Web Advisor to give permission to use Federal Student Aid to cover all your charges. The Federal Student Aid Authorization form is available on the Student Accounts website.

  • All students are being asked for their authorization. If at some point in the future you do receive Federal Student Aid this authorization will already be in place.

  • Nothing will change from what is being done now. You will be continuing to allow the University to use your Federal Student Aid to cover all charges on your account.

  • The Student Services Fee is a university fee assessed to all students enrolled at Barry University.

  • The Student Services Fee amount is based on how the tuition is charged, the term, and number of credits. For the Summer term it is $100.  For the Fall/Spring terms, 3 credits or less is $125 and 4 credits or more $250.  If you have tuition cost that is a flat tuition rate, the maximum amount will be charged for the term.

  • The Student Services Fee will be covered by most forms of Financial Aid.

  • The Convenience Fee is a fee assessed to the credit/debit card user when making a credit/debit card payment to Barry University. It covers the costs of processing credit/debit card payments.

  • The Convenience Fee is assessed by our third party processor. Barry will not receive any of the convenience fee. It will not appear on your student account. Two line items will appear on the credit/debit card account or bank statement; one transaction is the student account payment and the other transaction is the convenience fee.

  • The Convenience Fee is currently 2.25% of the payment amount. Example: a payment of $100 will be assessed a $2.25 convenience fee. A total of $102.25 will be charged to the cardholder. Only the $100 payment will show on the student account.

  • The Convenience Fee is only for credit/debit card payment transactions.

  • The Convenience Fee will start on July 5, 2017.

  • Yes. It is not uncommon for Colleges and Universities to either pass on the convenience fees to the cardholder or even eliminate credit/debit card transactions all together. Barry University wants to continue to offer the option to pay by credit/debit card.

Student Accounts FAQs Form 1098-T FAQs

Watch the How to Access 1098-T Forms video or download this this self-service guide. If you have any additional questions, you can contact

  • Section 6050S of the Internal Revenue U.S. Code requires eligible educational institutions to file information returns to assist taxpayers in determining the amount of qualified tuition and related expenses for which an educational tax credit is allowable. 1098-T forms are made available to students by January 31 each year.

  • Receipt of a 1098-T form indicates a student was enrolled in at least one academic credit course at Barry University during the past calendar year. It does not mean that you are eligible for a tuition and fees deduction, American Opportunity Credit (AOTC), or Lifetime Learning Credit. According to federal tax regulations, determination of qualified charges and payments is the responsibility of the taxpayer.

  • Educational institutions are required to report the payments made for tuition and qualified expenses (QTRE) during a calendar year.

    Box 1. Payments Received for Qualified Tuition and Related Expenses.

    Box 2. Blank.

    Box 3. Blank.

    Box 4. Adjustments Made for a Prior Year Payments received. Enter reimbursements or refunds of qualified tuition and related expenses made in 2020 that relate to payments received.

    These requirements also apply to an adjustment made in connection with a nonresident alien for which the educational institution filed and furnished a Form 1098-T for the prior year.

    Box 5. Scholarships and Grants, includes any scholarships and grants processed during the calendar year for the payment of the students’ cost of attendance. Scholarships and grants generally include all payments received from third parties (excluding family members and loan proceeds) including payments received from governmental and private entities such as the Department of Veterans Affairs, civic and religious organizations, and nonprofit entities.

    Box 6. Adjustments to Scholarships or Grants for a Prior Year.

    Box 7. Checkbox for Amounts for an Academic Period Beginning in January Through March of 2021

    Check this box if any payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses reported for 2020 relate to an academic period that begins in January through March of 2021.

    Box 8. Check if at Least Half-Time Student.

    Box 9. Check if Graduate Student.

    Box 10. Insurance Contract Reimbursements or Refunds. Blank.

    For a detailed explanation of each box on the 1098T Form, please see the "Instructions to Student" printed on the form.

  • You can print in WebAdvisor an Accounts Receivable (AR) statement itemizing your student account activity during the calendar year by clicking on the AR Statement for the 1098-T Tax Year link under 1098-T Tuition Statement.

    For further information about charges and credits, call:

    LAW STUDENTS: (321) 206-5636
    MAIN CAMPUS AMD PACE: (Main Campus): (305) 899-3585

    NOTE: Barry University does not provide tax advice.

  • Any qualified tuition and fees billed in calendar year 2020 for the Spring Semester 2021 will be included in the 2020 1098-T Form. Box 7 accounts for payments received for an academic period beginning in January through March 2021.

  • Each year, students who are eligible to receive a 1098-T form but have no current mailing address or social security number on file with the university are sent an email from the Registrar’s Office instructing them on how to go about updating the missing information. Please check your school email for this notification.

    If the university does not have your current address and/or your social security number on file, you will not receive a 1098-T form. Please contact the Registrar’s Office at 305-899-3860 for instructions on how to update your personal information or email enrollmentservices@barry.eduPlease include your full name, phone number, student ID, and email address. You will be contacted in a timely manner.

  • A student’s social security number is critical to receiving a 1098-T form. The IRS mandates that no tax form can be created without a valid SSN. To avoid not receiving a 1098-T form from the university, each student with a valid SSN must supply that number to the Registrar’s Office on Barry’s main campus or go to their site manager or advisor at an off-site location. When that SSN is input into the system, a 1098-T form can be created.

    In January, every student who is eligible to receive a 1098-T form but does not show a social security number on file will receive an email from the university’s Registrar informing them of such and instructing the student what to do to get their social security number on file.

    If you have a social security number, please ensure that the Registrar’s Office has it on file.

  • Contact the IRS at or consult with a professional tax preparer or advisor. The following online resources may also be helpful:

  • Per the IRS, the University is not required to furnish a Form 1098-T in the following instances:

    • Payment for course for which no academic credit is offered, even if the student is otherwise in a degree program.
    • Enrolled student is a nonresident alien.
    • Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid entirely with grants/scholarships.
    • Students for whom the University does not maintain a separate financial account and whose qualified tuition and related expenses are covered by a formal billing arrangement between the University and the student’s employer or a governmental entity such as the Department of Veteran Affairs or the Department of Defense.

Our Staff

Cieslar, Rose Director of Student Accounts
Robinson-Major, Margaret Sr. Student Accounts Specialist
McKennis, Heyen Sr. Student Accounts and Collections Specialist
Cieslar, Rose
Title Director of Student Accounts
Robinson-Major, Margaret
Title Sr. Student Accounts Specialist
McKennis, Heyen
Title Sr. Student Accounts and Collections Specialist

Sign in to use the pins