November 4, 2013:
Rita Ferrone, MDiv, Scholar and Author
“1963 - 2013: Rediscovering the Vision of the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy”
January 9, 2013:
Robert Schreiter, C.PP.S., Theo. Dr., Vatican Council II Professor of Theology, Catholic Theological Union
“Practical Theology as Contextual Theology: Challenges to Catholic Practical Theology Today"
2013 Yves Congar Award Recipient
Nuala Kenny, OC, MD, Professor Emeritus, Department of Bioethics, Dalhousie University; fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada; advisor to the Catholic Health Alliance of Canada
"Neuroethics and the Neuroscience of Morality"
Sponsored by the Barry University Council on Bioethics
Roberto S. Goizueta, PhD, Professor of Theology, Boston College; past president of the Catholic Theological Association of America and the Academy of Catholic Hispanic Theologians in the United States
"Against the Pursuit of Happiness: The Preferential Option for the Poor and the Denial of Death"
2012 Yves Congar Award recipient
Catherine Vincie, RSHM, PhD, Professor of Liturgical Theology, Aquinas Institute of Theology; President of the North American Academy of Liturgy
"What is at Stake: Pastoral Implications"
Second of two lectures in The New Roman Missal Series
Douglas Allen, PhD, Professor of Philosophy, University of Maine; founding member of the Maine Peace Action Committee; education coordinator, Peace and Justice Center of Eastern Maine
"The Philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi and Violence and Terrorism Today"
John F. Baldovin, SJ, PhD, Professor of Historical and Liturgical Theology, Boston College School of Theology and Ministry; recipient of the Berakah Award from the North American Academy of Liturgy
"Liturgical Reform: Historical and Theological Context"
First of two lectures in The New Roman Missal Series
Mary Catherine Hilkert, OP, PhD, Professor of Theology, University of Notre Dame; past president of the Catholic Theological Society of America; Madeleva lecturer in Spirituality, 2001
"In Memory of Lois and Eunice: Handing on a Living Tradition of Faith"
2011 Yves Congar Award recipient
Donald J. Goergen, OP, PhD, STM, Dominican Theologian at the Aquinas Institute of Theology; Prior of St. Dominic Priory, House of Studies, St. Louis; co-founder of the Dominican Ashram
"A Wider Vision: Biblical, Catholic, and Cosmic"
2011 Yves Congar Award recipient
Previous guests in the Barry University St. Thomas/ St. Catherine lecture series have included:
- Metti Amirtham, SCC, PhD, field-based theologian, vice-president of Tamil Systematic Theologians Associations, India
- Maria Cimperman, OSU, PhD, Assistant Professor of Moral Theology and Social Ethics, Oblate School of Theology
- Shawnee Daniels-Sykes, SSND, PhD, Mount Saint Mary College
- Allen Figueroa Deck, SJ, PhD, STD, Loyola University and Barry University Institute for Hispanic/Latino Theology & Ministry
- Maria Dolores Espino, PhD, St. Thomas University Margaret Farley, RSM, PhD, Professor Emerita of Christian Ethics, Yale Divinity School
- Donald J. Goergen, OP, PhD, STM, Dominican Theologian at the Aquinas Institute of Theology; Prior of St. Dominic Priory, House of Studies, St. Louis
- Dr. Michelle GonzÃ¡lez Maldonado, PhD, University of Miami and Barry University Institute for Hispanic/Latino Theology & Ministry
- Elizabeth A. Johnson, CSJ, PhD, Distinguished Professor of Theology, Fordham University
- David F. Kelly, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Theology and Health Care, Duquesne University
- Rev. Bryan Massingale, STD, Marquette University
- Alex Mikulich, PhD, Loyola University
- James B. Nickoloff, PhD, STL, Adjunct Professor of Theology, Barry University
- Hosffman Ospino, PhD, Boston College
Please note: All associations indicated for lecturers were current at times lectures were delivered.